The Strong Response From Law Enforcement People Asked For

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PintoFire, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Are you happy now

Ayn Rand likes this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

they're gleeful. After all, they celebrate their leader retweeting "only good democrat's a dead democrat"

PintoFire likes this.
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I just want you to remember your part in this, Pinto. Hundreds of thousands of people go to protest, people inside these protests cause riots and burning and theft, so the police and national guard are forced to militarize. Many of these folks are not trained for this, and during the clash between the hundreds of thousands of masses and the police/military, protestors ignoring orders from the police intentionally put themselves in a position where something bad can happen. And guess what? Something bad happens in some of the cases. But fear not! When it does, someone is there to capture it out of context in a 5 second clip that always seems to start right at the spot where the protester is being victimized, just so it can be put online instantly, shared to millions of souls in seconds and the rage can burn hotter, and the cycle of violence can perpetuate.

And then, at the end of this, when the world is smoldering and people have lost everything, folks like you will be wondering how it got to this. Folks like you will be living in the cities where police have been disbanded recklessly. And they'll be the ones crying when the criminals come to take them.

Bravo, sir!

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Protestor should have stayed home. You only protest with an ar-15 in your hand.

Ayn Rand, PintoFire and Cuddles like this.
  5. So what do you have to say after the police department tried to cover it up by issuing a statement saying that "the man tripped and fell."

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

The man did trip and fall. That much is obvious from the video. But yeah, he was pushed and that is what caused him to trip backwards. However, the officer pushing him did not know he was going to fall back and hit his head. Again, these people are put in difficult situations. Most of the time they do their job correctly. Sometimes they don't. The difference is that when they don't, people get hurt (or worse).

This isn't at all like Floyd being choked deliberately.

But hey, keep being the pawn for the narrative that just wants Trump out of office at any cost. Remember that when more violence follows. Remember that you were a part of it.

Clubber Lang, smallfil and fan27 like this.
  7. I draw a line when a country that prides itself on democracy and freedom wants to use the military or militarized police force against its own people. That's not a democracy and that's not a free country. If the country is not going to live up to what it prides itself on, democracy, then call it what it apparently is, a totalitarian state. These people are free to protest and demonstrate against whatever they darn well like and no one should have to demonstrate in fear of being attacked or assaulted, especially the old man in this video. If people can't organize in public for fear of being assaulted, injured, or arrested something is wrong with this country.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Spike Trader and Bugenhagen like this.

8. I just feel that there was no need to shove him when he was talking to the police, looked like he was asking a question and he was clearly non-threatening. If a pussy cop feels like a big man shoving an old man backwards and than wants to FUCKING LIE (Police report said he tripped but NO mention of the shove), then the two cops need to be fired.

Watch the camera pan around, there were not even 5 people in the immediate area.

These were not cops responding to bottle throwing protestors or looting or large crowds.

I would think this is one of those situations unlike the others and the cops did not learn anything in dealing with people appropriately.

There is no excuse for this action and I was glad to see the cops suspended.

They need to be trained when to put hands on and when not to. Cops do not have automatic authority to decide someone is worth an assault when evidence speaks to the contrary. Thank God for video because the cops were ready to lie and cover up for each other. Just like the cops in the George murder. Only a video led to an arrest.

userque and Tony Stark like this.
  9. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Customer service is lacking and I mean that seriously.

In Ireland I lived with a Garda (police) detective and she explained that they are trained to follow the order:

1. Protect yourself as a citizen.
    2. Protect your fellow citizens.

And..
    3. Observe your duty to discipline and the state laws.

Note how protection is paramount and conditionally superior to the state's orders.

The other thing is they are not allowed, though it happens, to touch you during a protest unless arresting you or you are being violent.

This keeps this all simple, grab someone it is for the purposes of a formal arrest so you should have cause. You do not get to push the public around without risk of being sued / disciplined.

10. While discouraging to see, so long as the left continues to minimize and ignore the large numbers of people beaten by the mob, several of them killed, how upset are we supposed to get? How's about everyone get off the fucking streets for a few days and let some semblance of calm return? Perhaps then some people can have a rational conversation as to what the next moves need to be, and there damn sure needs some moves to be made, but this current situation of having tens of thousands on the streets all day and night will only result in continuing knee jerk responses from both sides. I agree with the cop being removed from service.

#10     Jun 5, 2020
    smallfil likes this.