The stricter the gun laws, the safer the children

Discussion in 'Politics' started by UsualName, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Because urban violence is almost entirely driven by gang and illegal weapon crime, not by accidental or unintentional deaths (which your quoted article ignores in the study it refers to). Any legislation suggested by you, the article or any other uninformed-on-the-subject nitwit, would have no effect on the reduction of these types of deaths. Criminals won't give you their guns because you legislate it so.

So if you really want to discuss how legislation can effect unintentional deaths of children you need to focus on what would be effected with any legislation. But if you do that, the massive and glaringly large statistic where children are killed with guns (not by gangs or suicides) becomes almost non-existent.

#11     Jul 19, 2019
  2. Banjo

Banjo

#12     Jul 19, 2019
  3. LS1Z28

LS1Z28

#13     Jul 19, 2019
  4. UsualName

UsualName

What you don’t understand is that a byproduct of stricter gun laws is less illegal gun weapons and less illegal weapons led to less child deaths.

#14     Jul 19, 2019
  5. UsualName

UsualName

I typed pediatrics gun study July 2019 in google.

#15     Jul 19, 2019
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Oh, I understand it just fine. The problem is that this so-called "by-product" you champion doesn't happen but over a long period of time, and in that interim law abiding citizens who do not commit crime are left unprotected and vulnerable to predators and criminals. Or, they are turned into criminals themselves because they ignore the laws you want to shove down their throat (supposedly for their own good) because they understand the truth and prefer breaking the law to a threat to their safety, or the safety of their family.

This is what you seemingly cannot grasp.

#16     Jul 19, 2019
  7. What would be even more legitimately frightening is if you were in a responsible position.

#17     Jul 19, 2019
  8. UsualName

UsualName

What the hell are you talking about? The study looked at 3 laws background checks for guns and ammo and ID requirements to purchase weapons. Those laws do not hinder a law abiding person. Stop freaking out.

#19     Jul 19, 2019
  9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're missing the point. Again. Regardless of how I feel about these particular laws, they won't stop gun violence on children because, as I've been saying over and over, gun violence on children is largely a problem with gangs and illegal firearm use. So all you are doing is putting a law in place to target a section of the population already following the law while the ones breaking it and causing the statistical problem you are trying to fix will continue to go on breaking the law regardless of your legislation.

Simply put: YOU AREN'T SOLVING THE PROBLEM.

#20     Jul 19, 2019
    ElCubano and murray t turtle like this.