The Strange Moral Compass of Christopher Dorner

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IMFTrader, Feb 11, 2013.

1. What is strange is that all the people this guy admires hold all the levers of power, yet he is still seen as fighting the "system" by black America. Also, this is happening in California, which progressives will agree is the most progressed state (in their minds).

The Strange Moral Compass of Christopher Dorner
    by Jim Goad
    February 11, 2013

Chris Dorner thinks he’s a highly moral individual. A crusader for justice. A righter of wrongs. Maybe even a hero.

At least that’s the impression I get from reading the intense, sharply written, yet frequently absurd manifesto he allegedly posted on Facebook last week.

Dorner—AKA “Rambro,” “Blambo,” and “The Real Django”—continues to elude authorities as of this writing. The ex-LAPD officer and former Navy Reservist is suspected of fatally shooting a civilian couple in Irvine, CA last Sunday, a mere two days after Dorner formally left the Navy. One victim, Monica Quan, is the daughter of a retired LAPD officer who’d defended Dorner in a departmental matter. Dorner is also suspected of shooting three police officers in Riverside, CA on Thursday, killing one.

As Dorner explains it, this was all a “necessary evil.” In his manifesto, he says that the killing will continue—not only of LAPD officers, but of their children. And they made him do it. He’s not responsible.

All this killing will be justified, according to Dorner, because he once saw a fellow LAPD officer kick a schizophrenic and he once heard a pair of LAPD cops (who, judging by their surnames, were Mexicans) refuse to apologize for saying the word “nigger.”“Beware of authority figures, active or retired, with guns in their hands.”

Dorner is a man with many grievances. His manifesto mentions incidents both in childhood and adulthood where he was either called a nigger or he heard someone use the word nigger, and both times he responded with violence. He saw and approves of the recent kill-whitey cinematic bloodfest Django Unchained. A huge part of his rapidly evolving public persona is centered on the idea of justified black rage. His case recalls that of Nkosi Thandiwe, who murdered a white woman and said his anthropology classes taught him that white people were uniquely evil and that he was trying “to spread the message of making white people mend.” It recalls that of Omar Thornton, who shot up a Connecticut beer brewery in 2010 and in the process killed eight people, including “five racists.” It harks back to that of Colin Ferguson, who blew away six commuters on the Long Island Rail Road in 1993 and propped up his legal defense on the idea of black rage.

Most troubling—at least, I guess, if you’re white—is what appears to be his huge level of support among blacks. According to one Tweet, “Every black man I’ve talked to thinks Dorner is a hero!” And he may have accomplished this feat merely by running and hiding behind the word “nigger.” It’s an emotionally charged word. Nigger—that’s the trigger. Ever since the OJ Simpson murder trial, when defense lawyers successfully shifted the focus to whether or not a white cop may have once said “nigger,” saying that word is in many circles considered worse than murdering someone.

Dorner says his killing spree will also be justified because the NRA’s Wayne LaPierre didn’t show sufficient sympathy for the child victims of Sandy Hook. To achieve justice, Dorner wishes the following upon LaPierre: “May all of your immediate and distant family die horrific deaths in front of you.”

Dorner also disagrees with homophobes to the point where he wishes torture upon them: “Westboro Baptist Church, may you all burn slowly in a fire, not from smoke inhalation, but from the flames and only the flames.”

Dorner says he feels it was morally wrong for George Zimmerman to tail behind Trayvon Martin that rainy night in Florida: “Too bad Trayvon didn’t smash your skull completely open, Zim.”

When it comes to “justice,” I get the sense that Christopher Dorner leans a touch toward overkill. He recalls Nietzsche’s famous dictum: “Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong.” To that I think we can safely add, “Beware of those who think they’re teaching you a moral lesson by wantonly killing people.” And also “Beware of authority figures, active or retired, with guns in their hands.”

Amid all the endless yabbering about “gun culture” in the wake of Sandy Hook, little attention is paid to the idea that military and police institutions often create, or at least enable, psychopaths who really know how to use guns. Why should we trust our government with guns when they churn out people like this nutjob?

But like a thousand other real-life mass-murdering loser loners, Dorner fancies himself a man on a moral mission: “I am here to correct and calibrate your morale [sic] compasses to true north.”

Dorner posits that police brutality must be avenged by, well, randomly killing policemen and their families. He claims his 2008 dismissal from the LAPD resulted when he accused a female partner—he made a point to note that she’s Caucasian—kicked a schizophrenic criminal suspect in the chest and face during an arrest. The court document pertaining to the case seems to cast some doubt on Dorner’s allegations, but it’s not as if I have any skin in that game. I realize that cops can be assholes. After all, I’m from Philly.

What matters here isn’t whether or not Chris Dorner lied about seeing a white female cop kick a schizophrenic loiterer in the chest. It’s that he uses this allegation as an ethical pretext to go on a killing rampage. Throughout history, I can’t think of a horrible act where the perpetrator didn’t seem to think they were doing the right thing—the good thing. This is true for individuals and villages and nations. Sad.

The eternally moralistic leftist press has been largely silent about Dorner’s self-proclaimed political leanings and how he uses them to morally justify his actions. This is the same press that stubbornly and unethically INJECTED politics into the Gabrielle Giffords shooting (blaming it on Sarah Palin and the Tea Party although there was zero connection) and the Trayvon Martin killing (insisting it was entirely about race when there’s no evidence it had anything to do with race).

Dorner describes himself as an ardent supporter of the federal government and that his main beef is with the LAPD. He says he admires Barack and Michelle Obama, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden, Dianne Feinstein, Ellen Degeneres, and apparently everyone who works for MSNBC and CNN. He seemed to name-check nearly every living human who is constantly chiding their ideological opponents for creating a “climate of hate” with their rhetoric. (To be fair, he also gives a few shout-outs to some token RINOs and said he didn’t vote the last election because Jon Huntsman wasn’t nominated. He also claims to love Charlie Sheen and Rob Zombie. He’s all over the place.)

Without apparently seeing a contradiction, he says he favors a ban on assault weapons even though says he will not hesitate to use the several he owns to murder LAPD members and their families. He says he feels the proper response to being called an unpleasant name is to hit someone. If I’m understanding this correctly, he’s an ex-cop who shoots cops dead to prove that it’s bad when cops kick people and say “nigger.”

Why, it’s almost as if he uses someone else’s misdeeds, real or imagined, as a psychological shield to justify the fact that he’s committing some rather unpleasant deeds himself. His moral universe would be a strange one if it weren’t so depressingly common.

It’s the same sort of self-righteous delusion that lurks behind such daffily infantile notions such as “karma,” “blowback,” “chickens coming home to roost,” and, yes, even “justice,” which should more honestly be called “revenge.” Two wrongs never make a right, at least if you’re one of the pitiable souls forever shackled to the eternal rules of logic.

Among certain circles—i.e., naïve white progressives and retarded black thugs—Dorner is being depicted as a hero, a Dark Knight, an avenging black angel, and a hero to the downtrodden and oppressed everywhere. Twitter hashtags such as #GoDornerGo and #WeAreAllChrisDorner have quickly emerged, as well as support/fan sites on Facebook.

Beneath all the talk of institutional racism and police brutality lurks the distinct possibility that Christopher Dorner may merely be a narcissistic jerk with a psychotically overwrought taste for vengeance. His manifesto is littered with references to his nuttily obsessive, all-consuming need to reclaim his “name,” as if any of that will matter once the SWAT team blasts his skull to pieces.

But I hope that’s not how it ends. I hope he hasn’t already frozen to death somewhere in the San Bernardino Mountains, either.

No, the most poetic thing possible would be for a well-armed civilian to take Dorner out cold.

source: http://takimag.com/article/the_strange_moral_compass_of_christopher_dorner_jim_goad/#axzz2KatCKKAo

2. pspr

pspr

The best thing that could happen for all involved.

Then set his frozen, huddling body on a pedestal in the town square for all to see for the winter.