'The Story of Stuff' - Prove Her Wrong

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, May 11, 2009.

1. http://www.storyofstuff.com/

I am not opining on this until a healthy % of you do.

Prove her wrong using her facts and your facts, not non-factual attacks and non-factual innuendos or non-factual generalizations.

Be specific.

This is pretty general but does contain alleged specifics on critical issues.

Keep in mind it's geared towards 6th and 7th graders.

2. By the way, this is the new paradigm view that will be taught - check - is being taught, in schools across the country, maybe to your children now - maybe in the future when you have kids.

Whether it is accurate is imperative.

3. Kill your kids....that's the only solution.

4. Kids that are active tend to be healthier today than ever before, but that's only because of advances in medications, health care, and fairly rigorous standards imposed on things such as sanitary sewer systems and drinking water.

Kids that aren't active are in bad health.

I do think there is cause for concern given all the chemicals in the food supply, air, water and the average household (outgassing from carpeting, furniture, cleaning products).

Some of the leading scientists claim well over 80% of all diseases, including cancer, are environmentally caused.

5. Even on a Sunday night you have no sense of humor.

6. Lots of fear mongering and haft truths in that one.

7. aradiel

aradiel

Hey I have.

Human beings are on the right path. I know it is not perfect but look at the Dinossaurs... they never did anything agaisnt nature and it crushed them down to exctintion!

8. It's Monday morning.

I was freakin' hilarious last night.

9. Read my first post, and then address the specific claims made that you think are half-truths and rebut them with specific facts.

Thank you.

10. I will concede the point and move to the next phase.

What r we going to do about it?

I know, perhaps we could restructure the entire process to make the globe greener, yeah, that's it.

We will convince every consumer economy to cut down less trees, and hire more expensive labor, etc.

So I did not try to refute this woman, I instead decided to ask her, and u, whataya gonna do about it?

Short answer: not a damn thing.

Reason: Humans are crisis oriented.

Then and only then will anyone other than school children and the hysterical women that teach them care one whit about what is going on in Ecuador.

Edit: Crisis is defined as an event or series of events that cause the feeling of immediate danger at an individual level of the average american.

Because the average american is a populist, and populism is anti-intellectual, the average american will not listen to any "experts" until the elephant is sitting in their driveway and they cannot back their cars out to go to the store.

#10     May 11, 2009