The Story of Modern Banking & Economic System - For noobs and uninformed alike

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Lethn, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Lethn

Lethn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xqUKFVR7nI - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJHZz0QpGZU - Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RLm293UcZo - Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HbDRK_ftZQ - Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nJpAwKIVSk - Part 5

Clearly there are still some insane believers in the fiat currency system around here, let me crush your hopes entirely and prove that printing money will not work with some historical fact.

And LOL I was actually surprised that Ron Paul was in this one, man he's old :D

2. if you research history you'll see that there has been successful fiat currency until some group takes it away. Colonial script and the tally system are good examples.Also Rome's empire was built on arbing the difference between the gold and silver ratio with the east.Both Rome and the East had fixed ratios of gold to silver by government decree or fiat.After the ratios changed Romes gold started to drain off leaving them short of gold. The then put a face value on their coins worth more then the gold it self, another fiat move which gave Rome a second wind.

If you want to research money try this

http://www.monetary.org/lostscienceofmoney.html

3. Lethn

Lethn

I don't agree with that at all, simply fixing the value of coins is just the same as printing money, it doesn't really give second wind it just delays the inevitable, this is exactly what is happening with our current system. The only difference is that the technology has gotten better and we use paper now instead of fixing prices.

What you just said only intensifies my point, it doesn't prove fiat currency as a success at all, you'll also noticed that they actually had to have gold backing the currency in order to keep it going, we currently have no gold backing our system and even then in the 1930's when we DID have gold inflation was still a huge problem.

Go watch the video lol

4. People without experience or understanding point to history as examples of the future.

5. Lethn

Lethn

I believe the old saying history repeats itself is best used here, but of course apparently you are immune and can control the world simply by fooling yourself into believing something isn't going to happen that is because it hasn't happened to you before.

6. no it doesn't intensify your point.Money doesn't have to have value it's only goal is to measure the value goods against other goods.What does a countries or individual's gold supply have to do with it's ability to manufacture and trade goods

The American Colonies being short of gold had to borrow it from king George at usurious rates just to facilitate trade. why should a country have to borrow a medium of exchange just to trade.That is the insane logic behind gold. So they created colonial script and became the fastest growing economy in the world all on fiat money. and the reason of the revolution.

1764 Benjamin Franklin went to England and seen massive poverty among the British. So many that the poor house were over run. When asked what the colonies did with all their poor he said

"we have no poor houses in the colonies and if we had some there would be nobody to put in them, since there is, in the colonies not a single unemployed person, neither beggars or tramps"

When asked how could this be he said

" In the colonies we issue our own money. ...We make sure it is issued in proper proportions to make goods pass easily from the producer to the consumer."

I don't agree with that at all, simply fixing the value of coins is just the same as printing money, it doesn't really give second wind it just delays the inevitable, this is exactly what is happening with our current system. The only difference is that the technology has gotten better and we use paper now instead of fixing prices.

your missing the point Even Rome at some point had to attach fiat value to gold ( making it a fiat system)to save the Empire and yes it did give a second wind to the Romans, what does a country without gold do. To say that if you don't have gold you can't produce or exchange non gold goods shows a lack of understanding on the purpose of money

7. no facts here just bantering, personal attacks
    please explain with examples

8. Lethn

Lethn

I have and you've ignored them, you're also putting words into my mouth.

I'm not saying it's just gold that has to be the currency, it has to be something tangible that can't be reproduced as easily as paper. It's obvious you haven't even bothered watching the documentary because this explains all that, even shells and feathers were once used as a currency. What you seem to be saying to me is that it's apparently okay for the government or a special entity to fix prices and the value of a currency even when it won't benefit the people.

The mere fact that you have said that the idea of sound money is insane however only amplifies what I've said and is not much of an argument in itself and I'm pretty much done arguing with you at this point because if all you're going to do is act like a religious nutter about it then I'll just lol at you and wait until the next recession comes along which it almost certainly will.

Edit: Oh fyi, a currency being measured up against goods IS the value of currency, you really need to do some research or at least watch the video I gave.

9. and i can assume you have not read he lost science of money

colonial script and tally stick are just two examples of fiat currency that remained stable fiat until it was taken away.If you actually read history. you'll find that the struggle to control currency is at the fore front.

golds intrinsic value is a mere fraction of total value. gold prices are mostly based on what people think it's going to be worth in trade not it's productive or industrial value. Which means most of it's value is based on belief or faith.That puts it in the same spot as paper money.

you see if something has no use full value then it's value is derived from a belief that it can be exchanged for something you need or want.Gold and paper are the same.

10. Lethn

Lethn

The whole idea of price manipulation and inflating the value of something was derived from the fiat and fractional banking system, please just go and research the damn thing. The idea of a full reserve banking system and a currency based on gold and silver is that you do not mess with the rates, the appraised value in any way and let the markets and the people decide how much it is worth instead so it will directly benefit them.

Go watch the damn video and no I'm not buying your shit that looks like it was written by a scammer.

#10     Apr 14, 2010