The stock_trad3r 2007-2008 market recession

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by athlonmank8, Oct 15, 2007.

1. moo

moo

Exactly the answer I was expecting. So, at least you are consistent in your cluelessness. I bet you have the same strategy in your stock "trading": no exit plan. That way you can continue to deny the bear market when it comes. Just hold on to your mo-mo stocks, no matter how much they lose in value.

As to the mortgage mess (not just subprime), obviously you have not noticed it is destroying the banking system right now. Hint: check the BKX chart.

#51     Oct 17, 2007
  2. More short squeezes and up days to come?

#52     Oct 17, 2007
  3. Time to stop using 15 min delayed free data and investing in a real time datafeed, newbie!

#53     Oct 17, 2007

4. Yup, then the ARMs reset and we see the REAL extend of what kind of damage will be done.

Get real.

#54     Oct 17, 2007
  5. The reference was days, obviously. And obviously you are stupid.

~Cx

#55     Oct 18, 2007
  6. I love this. The market has no idea about ARMs resetting does it? Good luck outsmarting the market with your high quality research.

#56     Oct 18, 2007
  7. Oh now it's days, right LMAO

#57     Oct 18, 2007
  8. Markets down? Bfft no big deal. As always we'll rebound in the last 45 minutes of trading.

Markets drop intraday, pickup at the close.

Also, no one cares about BAC earnings. No shit they reported some degree of subprime issues. Is that a surprise? Now the subprime is pretty much over, so the prior quarter is irrelevant.

#58     Oct 18, 2007
  9. Sub-prime is a non-story. The emerging story will be people crapping out on prime mortgages. Resale prices vs. rents are at unsustainable p/e's.

The biggest shift I see is this: bull markets climb a wall of worry. That's an axiom one can take to the bank. What's beginning to change though is the way participants are now BULLISH on bad news. Weak dollar, good for earnings vis a vis' overseas sales. High oil, good for XLE. Bad economy, Fed will ease. Those were good ideas to have in 2003 not in 2007.

The bull item is low rates. I'd prefer to see the Long Bond trading above 5% instead of rallying 2pts the past 2 days. Low rates are the lifeblood of high asset values. Even credit market world has changed though. Borrowers don't pay the overnight Fund's rate but rather they pay LIBOR or higher and that shit IS sky high.....

#59     Oct 18, 2007
  10. I dont see problems with prime mortgages. This market is on autopilot. All upside.

What happened to the bank of america selloff? That went nowhere..lol markets green.

#60     Oct 18, 2007