The stock_trad3r 2007-2008 market recession

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by athlonmank8, Oct 15, 2007.

1. If you had been there in 1999, or 1987 for that matter, you would recognize the difference.

Way to go Stocktrader.

I swear to god, if not for this site and Stocktrader making everyone look so foolish I'd have to probably spend money to replace this entertainment. LOL!

#21     Oct 15, 2007
  2. 4444

STOCK TRADER YOU ARE AWESOME!! Don't listen to these people. Think about it, they are arguing with you on a forum! If you are succeeding that is all that matters and with your portfolio you are certainly doing that as of now.

#22     Oct 15, 2007
  3. NTB

NTB

Frankly, stock_trad3r has been the most accurate poster on the whole site. He has the balls to say buy when everyone is too nervous to do so. Last I checked, the market was very close to an all-time high after having consistently made higher highs. The guy has been spot on. At least give him some credit. The fact that he has one theme (Buy) doesn't take away the fact that it has been exactly the right thing to do.

#23     Oct 15, 2007
  4. empee

empee

lets all gather around and hug stock traders nuts in unison.

#24     Oct 15, 2007
  5. You really sound scared this time. Don't be, it's only paper money.

Ursa..

#25     Oct 15, 2007
  6. S2007S

S2007S

who knows when that dip becomes a bear market....

:p :p :p

#26     Oct 15, 2007
  7. There is an election scheduled for November 2008. I figure the politicians are making everything nice until the election.

#27     Oct 15, 2007
  8. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Either that or he's hoping for another5 years of an uptrend to recover losses from the 2000 decline. There are plenty of people who only play the long side -- who are investors -- who never sold back in 2000, 2001, ....

His rambling about a bull market for the next 30 years and no bear markets obviously discredits this guy.

His further drivel that you can't make money with a long/short strategy further shows his ignorance about the markets.

#28     Oct 16, 2007
  9. 0MG!! Markets down a crushing HALF PERCENT!

Get out! Head 4 the hills! We're crashing! Say it aint so!

Seriously though, this market thrives on chicken littles and idiot shorts.

The dow is only 280 points off record highs, which is about 2%.

The nasdaq and Spooz is off a couple percent as well.

This is just a slight consolidation before another move higher. The indexes are forming a bullish bull flag.

http://chart-patterns.netfirms.com/bullflag.htm

Slowing economy bullish, rising oil and gold no big deal

Fed is hinting at a rate cut it seems. he keeps mentioning how the economy is slowing. Slowing housing bullish.

There is some tension going on in Turkey and Iraq. Not a big deal. No one cares about Turkey. Saudia Arabia is what counts.

Top stories on Yahoo News:
    ---------------------------------------------
    As of 10:39 a.m. PDT
    • Putin warns U.S. against attacking Iran
    Caspian Sea summit
    • Iraqi tribal leaders say conservative Islamism on rise
    • White House defends Bush, Dalai Lama meeting
    Lessons
    • Treasury chief: Housing crisis a 'significant risk' to economy
    • Libya, Vietnam win seats on U.N. Security Council
    • Website aims to help parents spot autism in own children
    • NYPD investigating Sean Combs for alleged assault

-------------------------------

NO big , bad stories. NO bad news. All good. Not like there any serious problems. There is NO housing crisis. Wallstreet knows this which is why the market never reacts to housing news. No one gives gives a **** about the treasury chief. His opinions are worthlessless because he is a worthless gov. shill burocratt.

Markets will move higher. Time 2 buy.

I know *almost* everything.

#29     Oct 16, 2007
  10. Why does everyone think the market rallies when rates are cut. At best it's a 50/50 prop. What happened to the indexes the last time the fed went into rate cut mode? I doubt anyone who is waiting on the fed wants to know the answer to that. I guess this makes me a bear, since everyone has to be classified on this site.

#30     Oct 16, 2007