The stock which you intend to keep your entire life.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by felixbocharov, Jul 13, 2016.

1. I'm wondering if any of you have some especially favourite stocks, and I think for a lot of people it would be fascinating to hear.

For me, it's NKE, first of all, I am very loyal to the brand, and secondly the company shows a great promise for the future, they are doing excellent products, they have the best athletes, so for me it's the one...

2. So far for me it's Facebook, but still you have to understand that the market conditions change very rapidly and today's long can easily become tomorrow's short.

3. Do you actually buy shares? or do you mean your favourite stocks for day trading?? Perhaps, Microsoft (because they are dominating cloud service market etc) although no one is really talking about this stock...

4. Amalgam

Amalgam

SPY

5. spy.jpg

Do you mean a spy or spy index? :) I am curious that when you talk about stocks, whether you are talking stocks you want to make an investment in or stocks for day trading lol

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  6. MDY. It has outperformed BRK-a over 20+ years ( and over many time frames ) http://tinyurl.com/gluu5tg. Add simple / conventional moving average heuristic * and 220 basis points performance improvement added 1995 - 2015 ( + 13.9% CAGR ) with added risk reduction.

* https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WLB4hOP8P15O8b10_P4VgHuuBQHHke_c3XjwAjiFqio/edit?usp=sharing

- Don't quit your day job
    - Don't use leverage
    - Open a Roth IRA
    - Sometimes money is made by sitting in cash
    - Don't be a hostage to the markets
    - let the markets, profitability of the U.S. economy work for you

piezoe and murray t turtle like this.
  7. Handle123

Handle123

Have owned an additive product long time, I don't use and people don't have to use it either, but it pays dividends every quarter. I have no problem owning it, people have a choice. Phillip Morris, PM.

8. kmiklas

kmiklas

US Dollars :D

Rationalize likes this.
  9. SPY / DIA etc.

murray t turtle likes this.
  10. TradeCat

TradeCat

The wife.

#10     Jul 14, 2016
    Van_der_Voort_4 likes this.