The stock market keeps going higher

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stock_trad3r, Apr 18, 2009.

1. It's a coincidence that the markets would plunge the day after I create a thread. Nothing more.

#31     Apr 20, 2009
  2. Honestly man, I think you have a gift. The mkts seem to always move strongly right after you post. You should look at this as a very positive thing, it means you are in synch with the market prior to large moves. Just do the oppsite of what you preach and you'll make serious dough.

Put your ego aside and forget the fact that your instinct, about which direction, is wrong and take solace in the fact that you can still really profit from your gut feelings.

#32     Apr 20, 2009
  3. noddyboy

noddyboy

#33     Apr 20, 2009
  4. eagle

eagle

He can't do, as a knife can't cut its own handle. It's our job to put our ego aside and start watching him carefully. He did give some clue, quite consistent; Cramer (random thought) is nothing compare to our guru. We do need some skill to decipher his action.

Now I start to believe the more and more that trading is almost purely psychological.

#34     Apr 20, 2009
  5. You have 'coincidence' and 'destined' confused. Research the difference.

From page 1 of this thread:

#35     Apr 20, 2009
  6. noddyboy

noddyboy

It is not as easy as it sounds. I had to wait a long long time for him to capitulate, but when he did, I went long and doubled my account, even though the exit signal gapped down as he became bullish over the weekend. That is the risk this strategy has -- Black mondays unless he is barred from the PC on the weekends.

#36     Apr 20, 2009
  7. I only wish he would have posted Friday @ lunch.
    I would have thought Ray Charles could have seen today coming. If Paper_Trd3r had spoke in a more timely fashion I would have doubled my already nice positions in SKF and FAZ!
    You keep @ Trd3r

#37     Apr 20, 2009
  8. eagle

eagle

Agreed. It's hard to spot his extreme sentiment. More often than not he just has a slight feeling and in that case the market won't have any significant movement. I think we should have a Journal for Stock Trader's Sentiment Index, not Stock Trader Index with many stocks but the one that represent his market feeling.

#38     Apr 21, 2009

9. you can always get plenty of good quality content on How to become a successful trader from a guy called dominic who spends most his time (when not trading), sourcing the best info & services to share with his followers. he's spot on!!!

www.tradingknowledge.info

#39     Apr 28, 2009