The Stock Market is for Suckers:

Discussion in 'Trading' started by capmac, Mar 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it's over 2 years old

#11     Jul 11, 2008
  2. Cuban's opinions may seem a bit extreme but they are not without merit.

#12     Jul 11, 2008
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

considering he was the guy selling to the fool...he should know a lil' some some..... I mean talk about top ticking a $5 billion broadcast.com sale.....

#13     Jul 11, 2008
  4. Having read this, and being in the market myself, I respectfully disagree with just about this whole premise. But it's nice to see his insight. Good luck Mark. :)

#14     Jul 11, 2008
  5. wave

wave

He just ain't got a good enough mousetrap, tiz all. If you got a good mousetrap, you will get mice. If you developed a good, objective trading mousetrap, you can pull out a salary using only 5k on the ES. Again, it all comes down to knowing what you are doing. You need edge, plan, discipline.

#15     Jul 11, 2008
  6. I wouldn't invest a lot in the markets if I were the owner of a lucrative NBA team either.

#16     Jul 11, 2008
  7. Cutten

Cutten

Cuban loudly proclaimed he was shorting tech right at one of the major market lows in the 2001-02 bear. I remember vividly because I was buying at the time when his mug popped up on CNBC and he said "I'm short a truckload". That was one of my biggest ever winners, the market rallied 20% in a couple of weeks.

Just another loudmouth talking head - I thank him for the liquidity though.

#17     Jul 11, 2008
  8. There was a good long thread on this topic a few months ago. I guess a lot of people give up after realizing it is pointless to argue against conventional "wisdom".
    I'm not saying you can't make money as a smart stock speculator. Just consider though, if it wasn't ultimately a scam on the average investor then why does every stock eventually go bankrupt - despite the fact that we have a constantly inflating currency? If you don't know who the sucker is, then it may be you.

#18     Jul 12, 2008
  9. capmac

capmac

Nice of the Fed to pump FRE & FNM, now tanking again....

#19     Jul 14, 2008
  10. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rWP787wq0rQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rWP787wq0rQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#20     Jul 14, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.