The State of the American Debt Slaves, Q1 2019

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, May 8, 2019.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Love the title

3. RedDuke

RedDuke

One of the longest recoveries we currently enjoy is fueled by debt and not growth. When it ends, it will be really bad for everyone.

wartrace likes this.
  4. Secret: they are all fueled by debt and not growth.

dozu888 likes this.
  5. dozu888

dozu888

you may have heard this from people who try to sell you gold and bitcoins.

the monetary system is debt based, so of course all the liquidity comes from debt.. but you have also been brain washed that 'there has been no growth'?

compare AMZN GOOG AAPL, MSFT, their scale today to 10 years ago?

of course there is growth, might not be in old fashioned manufacturing.... low skilled stuff gets outsourced anyways.

technology is the name of the game... computer speed doubles every few months... what do you mean there was no growth?

we are in the 2nd inning of a massive AI revolution... wake up now and load up all the QQQs you can... you won't regret it 10 years from now.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  6. Can we please have another crash first. I need to load up at not ATH.

7. dozu888

dozu888

this is where my sentiment gauge kicks in... too much sideline cash is waiting for a crash that will never come... a 20% correction is about as deep as you can get... forexIG data shows you a 20% correction already caused a massive chip transfer from the retails to the pros.

ATHs... the market spends a lot of time at ATHs if it's going higher! it's a good thing not a bad thing.

8. I did say to go long yesterday but I can wait for better prices or a complete blowout of ATH. Right now it's too close to ATH for me to be fully long aside from core stuff I will hold forever. Just trading meme stocks if I am trading.

9. Seems few "get it".

"All debt gets accounted for by somebody, eventually".

Most often, the one who "pays for it" is not the one who enjoyed the borrowing/spending.

America has what, $22T in national debt... + another $200T in unfunded obligations? Who is to pay for that and how?

"Thank You", greedy mofo politicians... for spending us into ruinious debt and destroying our future!

:(

wartrace likes this.
  10. RedDuke

RedDuke

Let's hope that you are correct.

#10     May 8, 2019