The startling rise of disability in America

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Humpy

Humpy

Over here we have something called an allotment. It is a small patch of ground that a city dweller can grow veg or flowers etc. on. The cost is minimal. It is a great theuropeutic occupation and one gets to meet others. I expect you got something similiar in your area ?

#61     Apr 13, 2013
  2. Years ago, I wondered why we didn't count the total number of welfare recipients in Canada. You have the regular ones, the doctors, the nurses, the post office mail carriers, the politicians, the large companies creating jobs, etc. etc. etc. The numbers would astound us. If we were to dead stop government grants, handouts, support, incentives etc. some day, our society would collapse in minutes.

The only true shortage are those who feel they should contribute to society. They are outnumbered by the ones in line for handouts (or the 30 other names used).

#62     Apr 14, 2013
  3. Over hear we have lots of stuff to put on those allotments. Politicians produce it by the yard and one must be careful not to step in too much of it.

#63     Apr 14, 2013
  4. Why the hell would they say that...? There are several factors... The rise in productivity and the new demands of labor... To be a worker these days you need to be pretty close to an athlete to get the job done. Employers are doing a lot more with a lot less. The other reason is the rise in service workers who just push paper around or talk for a living who are employed but not really workers. There's a lot less people doing hard labor like auto workers and construction these days and the service sectors are growing.

Most of the people complaining about injured workers are mostly paper pushing fucks who talk for a living.

That's all bullshit made up by Eberstadt... Clinical depression is a disease that has a clear diagnosis... You can disprove it if someone is faking it but I don't buy the idea that so many are on disability because of "mood" problems.

I'll say this... fraud is obviously wrong ... They should investigate and seriously punish fraudulent behavior.

On the other side... Paper pushing fucks who have never worked for a living really need to STFU about injured workers... It's absolutely disgusting that you greedy fucks would pick on people who actually work. Let me give you a hint... You office working pussies aren't that relevant to us despite your best efforts to pretend like you are. You don't produce anything... you just leech off of labor and complain.

You think doctors, nurses and the post office mail carriers are welfare recipients...?

Dude... Get your fucking head checked... You sound like a retard.

#64     Apr 14, 2013
  5. Exactly right...which is another perpetual stimulus/bailout, etc, etc...consumer spending becomes "resilient" to the peaks and troughs of the economy if you have ever greater numbers directly supported by the state.

#65     Apr 14, 2013
  6. Not true...

Look at North Korea... They're all supported by the state... Who's spending there...???

China is another less extreme example... All their big spenders are the rich not the ones who still depend on the state. But in reality the rich are the state and I'm sure they complain about people not willing to work because they have a broken neck just like American paper pushers too...

Consumer spending fluctuates in either case based on demand, opportunity cost and obviously affordability. If you want to blame it on something blame it on QE and rising wages (in cases where they're rising) not on disability payments or people who work in essential services like the postal workers.

#66     Apr 15, 2013