The startling rise of disability in America

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, Mar 31, 2013.

1. you guys crack me up
    16 trillion in debt
    and it's all because we give too much to the poor
    I can give my whole paycheck (if I had one) to the poor on Monday, and I will get it back (and then some) by Friday
    Now, getting it back from Lockheed Martin is another matter

#31     Mar 31, 2013
  2. That's a pretty compelling argument... giving up your hypothetical paycheck. Welfare is one issue and a lower impact (per recipient) than someone willfully defrauding the taxpayer.

I hear that Venezuela is nice this time of year.

#32     Mar 31, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Who exactly said it's ALL because of welfare?
    We're saying too much of the deficit/debt is unnecessary welfare and all the fraud that comes with it.

#33     Mar 31, 2013
  4. because it is something so small that you can actually wrap your head around it

#34     Mar 31, 2013
  5. Humpy

Humpy

In most of the 3rd world there is no welfare. When your family is unable to support you it is all over. The local millionaire is an unlikely source.

#35     Apr 1, 2013
  6. achilles28

achilles28

My idea of "giving back" - hire an army of private investigators to document fraud and abuse of:

1) Welfare\disability\cbt recipients - bust their asses to jail and then back to work.
    2) Corrupt, sleaze bag politicians that cheat on their wives, double deal and sign us on to things like the monsanto protection act and the iraq war
    3) Put a tail on all these sacrosanct media douchebags like chris matthews, rev al sharpton, oprah winfrey that bully us how to think with their holier than thou bullshit. Knock them down a few pegs.

#36     Apr 1, 2013
  7. I do pretty well, but thanks for the concern. Your moronic assumptions are repeated by rote with nothing of substance, but hey, you work in healthcare. The SSA provides sites for reporting and we can assume the fused disk guy isn't the first nor the last. Arguably the guy had a legitimate spine injury, but still lost his benefits. Maybe you'd like to underwrite his benefits as you're on the record that the SSA "does not investigate".
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=252339&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

It's "mathematician"

#37     Apr 1, 2013
  8. zdreg

zdreg

"The street-price of coke has declined dramatically due to lack of demand and not the lack of seizures."

c'mon atticus price drop is due to increased supply.

#38     Apr 1, 2013
  9. Absolutely not true. Bulk shipments have replaced smaller "carload" shipments. It's all available from the DEA and municipal stats on overdoses, hospitalizations, etc.

#39     Apr 1, 2013
  10. zdreg

zdreg

"Take a course in it (beyond the community college level if you can afford it) and get back to me when you feel that you understand beyond the remedial level. "

where do come from to present this nonsense? who do you think you are telling someone to come back to you. you sound like a spoiled childish brat. i will bet on atticus' trading record and give you 3-1 to odds. it is obvious that you have not read atticus' posts in depth. it is obvious from your words that you are not familiar with basic logic. you could have simply said in this particular situation that attics should not extrapolate from the specific to the general. instead , you chose to personalize.

now, that you exposed your ignorance, go look up the word extrapolate.

#40     Apr 1, 2013