The start of WWIII? IRAN!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SilverBullet, Sep 25, 2002.

1. The AIM-54A can be dumb launched off any type of platform, large vehicle, barge, ground launcher, etc. The radio guided "Phoenix" can be launched in a passive mode in the general direction of a target, and it would then start to actively track any moving target it picks up. Just point and shoot, the "Phoenix" will do the rest. Hughes launched these missiles off ground platforms during initial testing. Almost all air-to-air missiles are initially tested from ground launchers prior to initial air launch tests.:(

#81     Sep 26, 2002
  2. Back on the topic of Iran:

How exactly would W press his case to the world community about going after them? Because Al Qaeda terrorists are in the country? That's a flimsy excuse to justify a possible invasion. Some knucklehead up in Oregon was trying to start an Al Qaeda training camp. Do we invade Oregon? There's a big difference between Al Qaeda being there and the govt of Iran knowing they are there and aiding them in any way. That's we we had such a big coaltion against the Taliban.

Is Iran in violation of any UN resolutions? Have they used WMD against other countries that could nuke them?

Unless some new and startling information comes to light, there won't be a "war" against Iran. By that time, the headlines will be talking about "deflation", "the housing bubble has burst", "Stocks hit 6-7 year lows", etc.

#82     Sep 27, 2002
  3. Bill Clinton ordered the merciless bombing of Serbia, CARPET BOMBING, for 80 STRAIGHT DAYS. The reason was that a crazy dictator was taking over the area. That dictator never even once posed any direct threat to the United States and had no weapons of mass destruction. THERE WAS NO PROTEST BECAUSE IT WAS ORDERED BY A DEMOCRAT.

#83     Sep 27, 2002
  4. You my friend are right on the money! The night the bombs started falling in the former yugoslavia I was sick to my stomach. As a former soldier in the U.S. Army, I was thinking what the hell are we doing. Slobodon's removal from power in serbia could have easily been completed without 90 days of bombing. We sure didn't see germany complaining about this operation did we?:mad:

#84     Sep 27, 2002
  5. the bombing campaign wasn't so much to get rid of milosevic, as it was to curb the exodus the albanians of kosovo fleeing their homes from persecution of serbian armed forces. it was more to avert a humanitarian disaster than to force a change of regime (although it ultimately helped to do that).

#85     Sep 27, 2002