The start of WWIII? IRAN!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SilverBullet, Sep 25, 2002.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Af-flu-en-za n. 1. The bloated, sluggish and unfulfilled feeling that results from efforts to keep up with the Joneses. 2. An epidemic of stress, overwork, waste and indebtedness caused by dogged pursuit of the American Dream. 3. An unsustainable addiction to economic growth.

#31     Sep 26, 2002
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Last year, Americans, who make up only five percent of the world's population, used nearly a third of its resources and produced almost half of its hazardous waste. Add overwork, personal stress, the erosion of family and community, skyrocketing debt, and the growing gap between rich and poor, and it's easy to understand why some people say that the American Dream is no bargain. Many are opting out of the consumer chase, redefining the Dream, and making "voluntary simplicity" one of the top 10 trends of the '90s.

This was a cut and paste job...but oh soooo true

#32     Sep 26, 2002
  3. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

excuse me?!!!!!!! could you please back up this statement...i'm all ears.

#33     Sep 26, 2002
  4. You will find a rich, over-bearing society on any planet you visit. Just because we happen to be that society on this planet doesn't make it wrong.

Should we just all go back to riding bicycles and give up all our toys so we can be like the rest of the world?

The U.S. is a great place and a land of opportunity. F*** those statistics.

#34     Sep 26, 2002
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I wouldn't expect you to understand.......

We measure everything by GDP at a cost to our children and the environment in the future......This me amigo is the problem we should be addressing

#35     Sep 26, 2002
  6. El Cubano, what the hell is a commie like you doing on a trading site ? This site is about what you are against. Its about persuing the american dream so we can buy what we want and do what we want. If you don't like it go read the village voice.

#36     Sep 26, 2002
  7. As for Iran, well we should take care of Sadam first, and then see if the rest of the arab countries take us seriously. If they still want to shoot us the bird and give aid and comfort to terrorists, then they will get what is coming to them over time.

By the way, its obvious some of you people are of draft age and are saying "I won't fight somebody else's war dude!". Well the army says fuck you, they don't need or want your worthless pussy ass. They already have trained proffessionals that can get the job done.

#37     Sep 26, 2002
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

Commie.....That was funny...I must admit..

This one may be a hard one to swallow for most of us, but its the problem we should be addressing.....If you have no kids and are of jitterbug age I wouldnt expect you to understand.......

#38     Sep 26, 2002
  9. El Cuba,

What is the immediate problem that you see? Are you among the Baby-boomer generation? If so, then why has this generation created such a long string of problems and then, suddenly, into old age you guys get this moment of inspiration that the world shouldn't be as it is and that you are all suddenly concerned about us, Generation X, Y and Z?

We are a resilient generation. We've lived through tough times, including a sky-rocketing divorce rate, a poor economy (now more than ever) and other issues. However, we are a generation of nintendo button-smashing internet junkies. We will fix these problems that have been created before us.

If the polar ice-caps begin melting, we are already on top of this as well. We have people standing by right now to bottle this fresh polar water and sell it to third world nations for a quick profit.

China? They are of no concern to us. In fact, we admire their creations of Pokemon and other asian trinkets. Have I gotten them confused with Japan? My bad, our generation was never good at specifics when it comes to geography.

Our math and science scores might be down, but our teenage pregnancy numbers are up, so we will make up in quantity what we lack in quality. Quantity over quality, right?

Don't worry -- we've got a lot of problems, but we also have methods of dealing with these problems.

We'll survive just fine.

#39     Sep 26, 2002
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

If you think that the problem of consermurism and the destruction of our planet for the purpose of cunsumption ....is being worked on, you need to stop posting and catch up with the times.....

#40     Sep 26, 2002