the start of the new BULL ???

Discussion in 'Trading' started by marketsurfer, May 14, 2002.

1. Lets see, Consumers are keeping this thing afloat. Companies have not seem to positive. All that FED stimulas and we are still looking weak????

Remeber what Soro's said.
    If this baby cant get going of the Stimulas package and the FEDS pumpen in money......ut oh.

And Buffet, Warren that is, Im not much of a fan but the double dip theory anyone.

Lets see, all everyone talks about is the sheep spending away, retail sales are up, consumer confedence is up.....keep following the sheep and you know where your headed.

The worst part of the bear is the last 25%. Have we seen the worse? We could slowly bleed to death. Watch the dollar, if it weakens, not so good. And the average joe is out of the market. Is he/she really gona jump back into test the waters for the Eighth time.

and the X factor. The Arabs....they hit the USA or West again, you really think that the Global economy will sustain another blow???????

LOL< ck out Germany, France, England, Watch their markets and economy. STop reading the Wall Stree Urnal, stop watch ScamCNBC. Read the Finanacial Times....it could save you

er

#31     May 15, 2002
  2. Daytrading With Infrared-Goggles. or just DWI for short.

#32     May 15, 2002
  3. Rigel

Rigel

New bull market? You mean those three tiny little up bars on the bottom right side of the two year graph?:p

#33     May 15, 2002
  4. Hmmm, let see

IBM cut cost
    INTC cut cost
    LU cut cost
    VC not pumping up start-ups

Where is the money to push the market up?

Maybe consumers max out their credit cards already, hehehe

#34     May 15, 2002
  5. nitro

nitro

Surf,

You already know my opinion on the market in "intermediate" time frame - the spoos daily have formed an inverted H/S bottom and have broken through the neckline. In addition, 1090 was a critical intermediate trend breakout, therefore, I think the "market" (in the form of the DOW for the sake of argument) goes to high 10's, maybe even 11000.

However, it is so glaringly obvious to me that the market is range bound in the "long" term time frame, and, IMHO, will continue in this mode to at least the end of this year (some analysis that I have seen that makes sense suggests a range bound market till '05.)

Therefore, barring something drastic change in the range bound market, I buy the rallies if I am bullish, or I buy straddles in case the H/S intermediate bottom fails, giving me both upside and downside with volatility increasing.

nitro

#35     May 16, 2002
  6. Joshua

Joshua

When I see over 90% of the public and the analysts completely bearish, thats when I'll no we put in a bottom. I'de like to see more people choosing C and D to the question on this thread.

#36     May 17, 2002
  7. Babak

Babak

#37     May 17, 2002
  8. Brutus

Brutus

We'll hit Nasdaq 5000 again within 3 years and then plunge to 500 forming a great "double bubble" ... never to be seen again for 300 years.

#38     May 17, 2002
  9. babak,

thankd for the link, indeed interesting reading......

best,

surf:cool: :cool:

#39     May 17, 2002
  10. Joshua

Joshua

Excellent article. Is there a cite where we can find out exactly what the short interest is in the market????

#40     May 17, 2002