the start of FOREX

Discussion in 'Forex' started by marketsurfer, Nov 28, 2003.

1. corvus

corvus

Nothing for me with GFT, I tried their platform but was dismayed with the lack of trailing stops in the demo of v2 and left to try other things. But maybe that leaves me in the top 30 also? :p

I'm intrigued by some info that FXCM may have an API though...writing some new software lately! :)

All bitterness aside, this thread has been informative. I was unaware of where the term bourse came from, now I know...and I didn't even have to get off my ass to find the info myself!

#21     Nov 30, 2003
  2. cvds16

cvds16

for those interested i found this link in english:
    http://home.planetinternet.be/~pin34989/AndriesVandenAbeele/bankers.htm
    Referring to the book i mentioned, one story Kostolany tells about is short after WW I when Germany had to repay costs of the war which caused the DEM to slide. So speculators sold dem and bought usd instead. In august 1922 you had to pay 1000 dem for a usd, in december 9000. This escalated totaly in july 1923 this became 160000 dem/usd, in august 1M dem/usd, in september 150 M dem/usd. 20 november 1923 one usd became 4 200 000 000 000 dem / usd. He traveled around Germany at that time with 300 USD which he exchanged one by one, because the country was in total chaos. For more details ... read the book.

#22     Dec 1, 2003