The SPAM is killing me

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bungrider, Dec 6, 2003.

1. This program is AWESOME, somewhat of a pain to install, but a pleasure to use (and it's free).

It has a very advanced algorithm underneath. You "train" it so it learns what you consider spam, and what you consider "ham" (good messages). For laughs, here is a (real) excerpt from the description on how it works:

An example: a message with internal spam score that's 50 standard deviations on the spam side of the ham mean score and an internal ham score that's 40 standard deviations on the ham side of the spam mean would, if you just combine them in a straightforward manner, produce a result that it's definitely a spam. But look at the internal scores - it was certain that it wasn't spam, and it wasn't ham, either. In other words, it's not like anything it's seen before - so the only thing to do is to punt it out with an 'unsure' answer.

#31     Dec 9, 2003

2. AMEN to that!!

I've been using it for a couple weeks now and it is truly a huge timesaver and it is FREE!

Thanks to all who replied to this thread.

#32     Feb 9, 2004
  3. I use norton spamkiller..it does wonders.. was geting bout 50-100 spam a day in my little hotmail box...one or 2 a week slip in now rest are bbq'd on the killer

Its reasonably cheap program to get..or download (there is no cd key or nothing required on install)

#33     Feb 9, 2004
  4. gaj

gaj

ironically enough, the elitetrader e-mails go out through a supporter of spams, topica / tpctep / email-publisher.

what this company has tried to do for several years is provide "free" mailing lists and "spam" mailing lists...

so my site, and many others, automatically block alldomains associated with topica.

yes, i've notified baron of this.

#34     Feb 9, 2004