The Sorid History Of Gun Control - Educate Yourself

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Then why didn't you stop it?

Why did a gun free school zone law fail to protect them?

#11     Dec 23, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Every time that I read thru ET, it makes me that much more thankful that I am not an AOWM.

#12     Dec 23, 2012
  3. and also thankful you don't stop to answer inconvenient questions.

#13     Dec 23, 2012
  4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

We have more guns than anywhere else on the planet and by far the highest firearms related death rate, over 2x as high as the next closest first world country, Canada. Our rate is about 10x higher than Australia, 40x higher than the UK, and over 100x higher than Japan. Those are the facts. In fact, our unintentional firearms related death rate is almost 3 times higher than Japans total firearms related death rate.

#14     Dec 23, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

LOL, that's like saying the most populated countries have more deaths than the less populated countries.

#15     Dec 23, 2012
  6. We are 4.5% of the world's population and have about 40% of the firearms.

#16     Dec 23, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

We can afford them, most cannot. We also use an inordinate amount of the worlds oil, food, water, etc etc...

Firearms, aviation, trading and a little history are among my primary interests.
    Not that I'm a self proclaimed expert but I know more than the average Joe.

The anti gun lobby and their devoted sheeple simply do not have a legitimate statistical/reality based argument PERIOD

For the sake of credibility, just come out and admit the thought of anyone other the police carrying a firearm makes you wet your panties.

Then we can talk.

#17     Dec 23, 2012
  8. Fine then move to where you like the statistics but leave us alone .
    thx

#18     Dec 23, 2012
  9. I guess I'm confused. I thought you were all upset about the school shooting. Now it seems like you want to ban or restrict firearms just because we have too many of them for you.

Doesn't Connecticut already have restrive gun laws that include an assault rifle ban and ban on large mags? In other words, the exact same provisions gun controllers want to force on the rest of the country. Doesn't the fact they were totally ineffective suggest that the answer must lie elsewhere?

#19     Dec 23, 2012
  10. So, if we ban, nationwide, handguns, assault weapons and large magazines it is your belief that there would NOT be fewer murders?

#20     Dec 23, 2012