The Soprano's

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, May 26, 2006.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Is it just me, or is this not the worse season ever of the Soprano's? It started off with a great first episode, and since then its been all over the place and stupid in most of the places its been. After waiting several years for this new season I have been really disapointed and don't even really look forward to watching it. Anyone else feel the same?

Brandon

2. No, I think it is great. Last week was the best episode of the season (so far).

3. I'm liking this season very much.

Looks like war has broken out - I wonder if there will be a reference to "going to the mattresses" in homage to the Godfather....

And it's about goddamn time Tony gave AJ a kick in the ass!!

4. If Hapaboy and I agree, then it must be so. I feel the earth starting to shake as I make this post!!!

I am hoping for war - I thought the chance died when Tony was not going to retaliate for Vito...but then Sylvio and the other guy killed the NY dude in one of the most hilarious scenes I ever saw. BRING ON THE WAR! (hopefully)

Vito...I loved him like a brother - in-law.

5. Brandon,

My wife is on your team. She thinks this season is lame.

I'm actually enjoying it. I didn't much care for the dream sequences when Tony was in a coma, but so far I like this season otherwise.

I think they need to involve Christopher in more episodes.

What I'm really waiting for is the new season of Deadwood.

Uptik

6. LOL.

War is coming, most definitely.

What is amazing about this series is that it actually makes you feel sorry for some of these thugs, guys who would slit your throat without hesitation if they thought they could make a buck out of it. Vito, for example. He's a total scumbag, i.e. he murdered the guy whose car he ran into, yet when he was getting beaten to death I couldn't help but feel sorry for him.

Still one of the best shows on television.

7. Goddamn it, have to wait another year for the final 8 episodes!

I wasn't crazy about the finale. Noone got whacked. I think this means the final 8 episodes will have major bloodletting.

Something tells me Tony will end up getting killed by an insider, a la Julius Caesar...

8. I thought the finale was great. I like action and bloodshed as much as the next guy, but I also like character development and getting a deeper understanding of the players involved. I have been watching The Sopranos since the beginning, but this past season has really made the people real to me. It is interesting to see Tony struggle with his near-death experience, and knowing he should appreciate every minute but his inability to really do that...

Anyway, I think the people bitching about this season just don't get it, and have such a short attention span that unless they see someone getting killed every 30-minutes they stary complaining.

9. Brokeback Mafia!

10. Pabst

Pabst

I felt the same way. Those scenes coulda been cut down to about thirty seconds. Composite.

#10     Jun 5, 2006