the sooner we get away from BEEF

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by killthesunshine, Oct 5, 2009.

1. If what your saying is correct, the Koreans themselves should have been dropping like flies, they love a BBQ, as do the Argentinians.
    How does their health compare to other large meat consumers?

#51     Oct 6, 2009
  2. Actually, I thought the OP must have been in the running of the bulls, or stuck in the long paddock while hunting turkey's, I know I guy who had his ribs crushed in a cattleyard, lucky to live.

Beef-if you knew how it was raised, fed, and slaughtered, you might think twice.

Even three times.

#52     Oct 6, 2009
  3. You are wise to limit it

#53     Oct 6, 2009
  4. No SATURATED FAT is good. That goes for Trans type too. A little POLY and Mono is ok. :)

#54     Oct 6, 2009
  5. that is not only disgusting it will kill you DEAD. Only a matter of time :(

#55     Oct 6, 2009
  6. Actually that looks delicious!

#56     Oct 6, 2009
  7. #57     Oct 6, 2009
  8. WOW

Low-carb diets clog up arteries!

Now, a study led by team of Harvard researchers at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) provides some of the first data on this subject, demonstrating that mice placed on a 12-week low-carbohydrate/high-protein diet showed a significant increase in atherosclerosis, a buildup of plaque in the heart’s arteries and a leading cause of heart attack and stroke. The findings also showed that the diet led to an impaired ability to form new blood vessels in tissues deprived of blood flow, as might occur during a heart attack.

Described in today's online edition of the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), the study also found that standard markers of cardiovascular risk, including cholesterol, were not changed in the animals fed the low-carb diet, despite the clear evidence of increased vascular disease!
    http://harvardscience.harvard.edu/m...erosclerosis-and-impaired-blood-vessel-growth

What more evidence do you need!??! saturated fat is bad for you. MEAT is full of saturated fat! construct your LOGICAL conclusion!!! :eek:

#58     Oct 6, 2009
  9. fhl

fhl

Cook it just a little bit longer and I'll take one. I like it closer to well done.

#59     Oct 6, 2009
  10. yeah...sounds like a GREAT way to live

LoL

#60     Oct 6, 2009