the sooner we get away from BEEF

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by killthesunshine, Oct 5, 2009.

1. I eat meat only sometimes. Yes, it have more calories and fat. But, I feel very full with only the small portion, so I do not want to eat any more. I am not fat. I cook most food at home, and not eat fast food. I ride my bike and walk alot.
    Read some of the link I posted. The study is not from all vegetarian people.
    But if you feel good with no meat and you are not sick killthesunshine, then that is what make you happy. :)

#31     Oct 5, 2009
  2. http://www.truthaboutabs.com/saturated-fat-is-not-evil.html

Is Saturated Fat Evil, or Not So Bad After All?

The myths, lies, and misconceptions about saturated fat and your health.

The "Fact" that saturated fat is bad for your health has never been proven by legitimate studies

First of all, did you realize that although doctors, nutritionists, fitness professionals, and the media all have told you that it's a FACT that saturated fats are bad for you, this "FACT" has actually never been proven!

It's actually not a "fact" at all. It was a hypothesis! This goes all the way back to a flawed research study from the 1950's where a guy named Ancel Keys published a paper that laid the blame on dietary fat intake for the increasing heart disease phenomenon.

However, there were major flaws to his study. For one, in his conclusions he only used data from a small portion of the countries where data was available on fat consumption vs heart disease death rate. When researches have gone back in and looked at the data from all of the countries, there actually was no link between fat consumption and heart disease deaths. So his conclusions were actually false.

Second, his blaming of fat intake for heart disease was only one factor that was considered. There was no consideration of other factors such as smoking rates, stress factors, sugar intake, exercise frequency, or other lifestyle factors.

Basically, his conclusions which blamed heart disease deaths on fat intake were really just a shot in the dark about what a possible cause may have been, even though all of those other factors I just mentioned, plus many others, may be the bigger cause.

Unfortunately, Keys study has been cited for over 5 decades now as "fact" that saturated fat is bad for you. As you can see, there certainly is nothing factual about it.

#32     Oct 5, 2009

3. Yes! This is in the link I posted too. Good article Paparoach.

#33     Oct 5, 2009
  4. seems to me your vegetarian diet will kill you.

http://www.jigsawhealth.com/articles/saturated_unsaturated_fat.html

Saturated Fats. Saturated fats differ from unsaturated fats because the molecules of saturated fat have only one single bond between carbon atoms. They come from animal meat, dairy products, and tropical plants (such as virgin coconut oil). They tend to be solid or semi-solid at room temperature, and are stable so they do not easily become rancid. Although they have received a bad rap, Sally Fallon and Mary Enig, PhD, of the Weston A. Price Foundation, have been leading the charge to systematically and scientifically reveal the importance of saturated fats. In a study entitled, “The Skinny on Fats,” they cite the following:

Saturated fatty acids constitute at least 50% of the cell membranes. They give cells their necessary stiffness and integrity.
    Saturated fats play a vital role in the health of bones. For calcium to be effectively incorporated into the skeletal structure, at least 50% of dietary fats should be saturated.
    Saturated fats lower lipoprotein (a) – A substance in the blood that indicates proneness to heart disease.
    Saturated fats protect the liver from alcohol and other toxins.
    Saturated fats enhance the immune system.
    Saturated fats are needed for the proper utilization of essential fatty acids. Specifically, omega-3 essential fatty acids are better retained in the tissue when the diet is rich in saturated fats.

#34     Oct 5, 2009
  5. And further evidence that your "proven" theory on satfats is just plain bullshit, we have this-

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22116724/

What if bad fat isn’t so bad?
    No one's ever proved that saturated fat clogs arteries, causes heart disease

You falsely use the word fact.

#35     Oct 5, 2009

6. I think killthesunshine read studys that all people in USA learn. Now most people are afraid of fat. But new science studys show something different, and some fat is very good.
    But man made trans fat is showing to be bad.

#36     Oct 5, 2009
  7. bronks

bronks

All this fat talk is making me hungry.
    There is nothing tastier than pork fat.

Lunch in a few minutes: Honey Glazed ham slices with ample amounts of edge fat that's been browned and slighly caramelized to perfection, sticky white rice smothered with the drippings from the ham pan, some broccoli for color, and a tall glass of milk (whole) with ice... followed by an aftermeal smoke.

Fuck-off Sunshine, go suck on a zucchini.

On a side note; mexican food sure took a turn for the worst when tried to make it "healthy"... reduced fat mex. food is just stupid.

#37     Oct 5, 2009
  8. Rats fed a high-fat diet show a stark reduction in their physical endurance and a decline in their cognitive ability after just nine days, a study by Oxford University researchers has shown.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090811143548.htm

Stupid in just NINE DAYS!

Is this why you guys can't trade worth...

Your brains have been turned into BEEF HASH :D

#38     Oct 5, 2009
  9. Nobody is supposed to eat a diet of 55% fat, Bananarama. Plus, what was the other 45% of their diet? refined carbs?

#39     Oct 5, 2009

10. High fat diet is not good, true. You think (NO FAT) is good. Not true.

#40     Oct 5, 2009