the sooner we get away from BEEF

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by killthesunshine, Oct 5, 2009.

1. you eat cow's ass and love it :D

#1811     Aug 25, 2010
  2. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-dean-ornish/an-atkins-diet-increases-_b_707005.html

A major study was just published in the Annals of Internal Medicine from Harvard. In approximately 85,000 women who were followed for 26 years and 45,000 men who were followed for 20 years, researchers found that all-cause mortality rates were increased in both men and women who were eating a low-carbohydrate Atkins diet based on animal protein.

However, all-cause mortality rates as well as cardiovascular mortality rates were decreased in those eating a plant-based diet low in animal protein and low in refined carbohydrates. Although this plant-based diet was called an "Eco-Atkins" diet, it's essentially the same diet that I have been recommending and studying for more than 30 years.

Dr. Dean Ornish.Medical Editor, Founder and President of Preventive Medicine Research Institute

#1812     Sep 7, 2010
  3. WOW. Thanks for this I hadn't seen it before! :eek:

Nothing I haven't already figured out though :D

#1813     Sep 7, 2010
  4. http://www.opposingviews.com/i/vegan-diet-almost-killed-angelina-jolie

Vegan Diet "Almost Killed" Angelina Jolie

"I was a vegan for a long time, and it nearly killed me. I found I was not getting enough nutrition," Jolie said.
    --------------

Someone that has a net worth of nearly 100 million with scores of servants and consultants can't survive on vegetation.

I hear it now. "She wasn't doing it right."

If it's so natural, how difficult could it be?

#1814     Sep 17, 2010
  5. too funny considering that almost all nutrition is found in a plant :D

#1815     Sep 17, 2010
  6. I would think that dying from malnutrition isn't funny KTS. It's serious. Think of all the children who die each day because of malnutrition.

#1816     Sep 17, 2010
  7. Most Americans are malnourished on 3000+ cals/day...funny :D

#1817     Sep 17, 2010
  8. Doesn't mean that has anything to do with meat though. No meat in french fries, twinkies, ho ho's, potato chips, cinnabuns, donuts, mozzarella sticks, apple pie, cheesecake, ben and jerry's, cheese pizza....and the list goes on

:)

#1818     Sep 17, 2010
  9. and add to the list calorically dense meat that's the centerpiece of their plates :D

#1819     Sep 17, 2010
  10. #1820     Dec 11, 2010