the solution to illegal immigration is to get rid of the minimum wage

Discussion in 'Economics' started by empee, Apr 30, 2006.

1. no problem with no min wage as long as you don't mind your neighboorhood or the one next to yours looking like this...

#21     May 1, 2006
  2. Hey RT
    How did you get that photo of my house.

#22     May 1, 2006
  3. DrChaos

DrChaos

Well, wouldn't it be much easier to impose a maximum wage of $5 an hour?

Excepting of course Skull and Bones members, friends and relatives of the Congressional majority party, major campaign donors and any executive of an exchange-listed company.

#23     May 1, 2006
  4. Reminds me of TJ when we used to drive down there to drink underage. One side nice homes on hill, the other side cardboard shacks! You're doing great Fox, keep it up!

#24     May 1, 2006
  5. There is no easy solution I am afraid.
    When a bunch of idiots got together and came up with the global economy theory, the idea was to advance the profits of large corporations at the expense of foreigners since the western markets were largely mature and social expenses were going to drown corporate profits.

Unfortunately they have let the genie out of the bottle and now there is no way to put the stopper back on.

The theorectical solution to the problem is to merge the standards of living between the west and the 3rd world in order to prevent this human tide.

Now you do not need to be an Einstein
    to figure out what this all means to your way of life in the future and so my advice is start making plans if you have not already done so.

#25     May 1, 2006
  6. Interesting... All the latinos that I work with are complaining about the rallies today. None of the "gringos" have really noticed a difference, but the hispanics here are really disturbed about the rallies, and disappointed in their countrymen.

#26     May 1, 2006
  7. I should note that the corp that I work for has very stringent hiring policies and wouldn't even think about hiring an illegal. Those who work here have family that are illegal, but they themselves are either papered or are getting there.

#27     May 1, 2006
  8. Millano

Millano

Free market capitalism. It worked in the 1930s, so why not today? :p

#28     May 1, 2006
  9. Whatever gave you the idea that illegals make minimum wage?

#29     May 1, 2006
  10. I believe some illegals make less and some make more than minimum wage? Hell in 1986 I worked next to illegal, I know this for a fact, and he made $7 an hour, no taxes, digging ditches. Back then minimum wage was $3.85 an hour. The GC I worked for paid me $ 7.50 as a summer high school student.

#30     May 1, 2006