The Solitary Trader-Life Hampers Personal Growth?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by achilles28, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Reaver,

Good story. I do miss some of those times.

Yeah, Alexander Beecroft (LTjg at the time) was on the boat when it hit that seamount. I was in his power school class. We were fairly good friends there. He was a little different but a decent fella with a good heart. I have no clue how good he was at his job. Last time I saw him was about two years ago, he was trying to get out on Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, apparently a bunch of people were doing that. I wasn’t there and have no clue how horrifying that was, so no point in passing judgment on whether he had it or not.

Sub force had a lot of issues when I was leaving (Feb 07). They had all sorts of incidents with running into stuff, a little sad…but anyway.

Looks like we might just get along in here Reaver. BTW, what is your story?

Best,

JR

#21     Mar 20, 2008
  2. You don't win friends with salad.

#22     Mar 20, 2008
  3. bronks

bronks

People are overrated and dumbasses. The less of them the better. Women... if you could just mute them, that would be a step in the right direction.

#23     Mar 20, 2008
  4. mickson

mickson

I am in a similar position and can relate to the feeling of isolation; as I just moved countries I am feeling this even more as I currently do not have much of a social network.

I will probably rent a desk at a local prop shop, for interaction and networking purposes.

Last point don't worry too much about not developing the social skills your friends in a "real job" have; you either have them or you don't.

:)

#24     Mar 26, 2008
  5. I would agree with your thought if and only if the Trader has a psyc. disorder, a fear people.

Trading out of my home did not destroy, or take away from any social skills. In fact I made plenty of business contacts, potential offers of other "Positions" and what not, just by being that socail guy after hours.

My networking abilities may be innate, I doubt that.

Put your money to work, (some of your profits) in other ventures. Get into the circle of Rain Makers who do all kinds of ventures and make money.

Networking never stops and it is the best thing you can every do for your future. Even if its going out to some lounge, or resturant that attracts successful individuals after hours.

Fuck, I've made more contacts and had great discussions in Starbucks.

Hopefully, you do not live in some ass backwards area with no options.

Fuck, I live in one of the most fucked up, ass backwards cities in america, SAN ANTONIO, and the are having the NCAA FINAL 4 in this shit hole town. I still am able to network as strong as I did in Chicago and Miami.

Just gota do it.

#25     Mar 26, 2008
  6. I've heard of EMA, SMA and WMA but how is a MDMA calculated?

M

#26     Mar 26, 2008
  7. That is the truth.

There are so many retard ass-backwards hermits in the most social and biggest employing organisations. If you are working from home, equally you can be just another ass-backwards retard hermit. So as always its down to yourself. Shit, I can and do enjoy my own company for long periods. Just so happens making electronic music is my hobby but I've also run experimental music events. For sure too I get out to parties regularly and I do not even regard myself as a natural extrovert.

Bottom line you have to make it happen for yourself.

#27     Mar 26, 2008
  8. classic Simpsons :D

#28     Mar 26, 2008
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

lol I love that bakery/cafe across the street from Citadel. <G>

#29     Mar 26, 2008
  10. BEEN THERE, DONE THAT.
    Most notably: insurance companies and large DEFENSE contractors.
    Yeah, the one's that hire people who finish their daily jobs in 30 minutes and then surf the net the rest of the day.
    There was a story of one in Wired Magazine.....that went to trial.....the girl was so bored to death, she started some sort of online stalking....and was caught.

#30     Mar 26, 2008