the sociopathic Ayn Rand revealed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Feb 26, 2010.

1. She was one weird lady.

Seriously, I don't know how she developed a cult following. It seems like all she did was telling us what we, and every living creatures in the world, are already doing--being selfish. It's a no-brainer. We are biologically programmed to act in the best interest of our kind, which include ourselves.

Unfortunately, she may have failed to recognize that the serial murderer was a social deviant.

I guess it takes a sociopath to create a cult. I got a bad feeling that 20 years from now, we'll have an Ann Coulter cult practicing Coulterism.

#11     Mar 1, 2010
  2. Do you see the way that article lead your thinking? Classic mind manipulation. I've never read Ayn Rand and couldnt care less about who she was, but this article was definately some pretty good brainwashing. They put a very graphic horrible thing that was done to an innocent girl, told you that Ayn Rand worshipped him (when apparently the only thing she did was make a comment about him that was something like "He has the true, innate psychology of a Superman.") And then they threw in republicans who dont want health care as Ayn Rand followers.

Whats also interesting is that they say she wrote about this Superman like man pre-1936 (since her first published novel was published in 1936,im only guesssing her first unpublished one was before that) and yet the character Superman was not published until 1938.

But basically the mind manipulation works like this. Serial killer = bad guy. Ayn Rand worships serial killer. Republicans in picture who like Ayn Rand. Therefore...All Republicans are basically sociopath worshipping bad guys.

I personally dont like Superman...I prefer star wars and that line by Anakin Skywalker when he said "Mind tricks only work on the weak minded"

#12     Mar 1, 2010
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

LMAO!!!

Good grief, idiot, stop babbling about stuff you clearly know NOTHING about. She wasn't talking about some fucking comic book character, you retard.

OTOH thanks for the belly laugh. :D

#13     Mar 1, 2010
  4. Newsflash: The world (of time/mass/diversity) is a mind trick.

#14     Mar 1, 2010
  5. Rand worshipped someone who demonstrably lacked empathy. Sociopaths are characterized as people who lack empathy. How do you reconcile your defense of Rand with your Jesus?

#15     Mar 1, 2010
  6. It's hard to analyze Ayn Rand's philosophies until one understand the basic concepts of biology, evolution, sociology, and psychology.

Without these basic understanding, a person may not have the critical thinking skills to determine if Ayn Rand was right or not.

#16     Mar 1, 2010
  7. Ayn Rand was an extremist of the highest order.

Look, if you actually were to follow her philosophy, you would sell your own children into slavery as long as it satisfied your own twisted sense of self interest...

Birds of a feather flock together, and the narcissists flock to the Queen of narcissism...

#17     Mar 1, 2010
  8. Her philosophy is interesting, but I got a feeling she missed some basic understanding about evolution (it discuss about altruistic behavior in living organism) and psychology (discuss basic instincts/programmed behavior like the fear of height and death).

I guess during that time, these concepts were not well known. I believe if she knew about these concepts, she may open up her mind and would became less of an extremist.

So, yes, she is a psycho. I am sure she knows it, but with all the followers and all these positive reinforcements that she was receiving, she wouldn't mind being one.

#18     Mar 1, 2010
  9. Did she? Provide <b>one</b> single in-context Rand quote supporting your claim.

#19     Mar 1, 2010
  10. I dont defend her. I just saw this article had all the classic signs of brainwashing. I even said, i dont know anything about her, but I do notice when stories contain certain language like in that article, they are using brainwashing techniques to get you on board.

Just because she based a character on that guy doesnt mean she worshipped him. (Just like RM said, find us something in context that said she worshipped him) It just means that he was so far out there and people talked about him so much, that she could use that to sell her books.

Its like these people that write books about Obama or other celebrities just so they can sell books. Most writers could care less, but they do the research so they can sell their work and then the public gets the misconception that the author is a big Obama fan, or Brittney Spears fan or fan of whoever else, when in fact they arent.

The reason this article isnt just a misconception and its brainwashing is because they were trying to link the mind of a serial killer with the mind of the republican party and I know alot of you fell for it, which is why you are so pissed off at me for pointing it out. But at least some of you didnt fall for it and others of you stood on the fence weighing what was said, which is much better than walking right into their propaganda trap.

#20     Mar 1, 2010