The Smoking Gun In Obama's IRS Scandal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 25, 2013.

1. Quite frankly I have little respect for sincerity.
    I'm pretty sure Che was sincere too.

#21     May 28, 2013
  2. pspr

pspr

LOL propublica is just a bunch of liberal hacks!

The founding Chairman is Herbert Sandler and The Sandler Foundation is the primary source of funding.

In the early 1980s, the Sandlers' World Savings Bank became the first to sell a tricky home loan called the option ARM. And they pushed the mortgage, which offered several ways to back-load your loan and thereby reduce your early payments, with increasing zeal and misleading advertisements over the next two decades. The couple pocketed $2.3 billion when they sold their bank to Wachovia in 2006. But losses on World Savings' loan portfolio led to the implosion of Wachovia, which was sold under duress late last year to Wells Fargo.

The Sandlers' response: "Don't Pin the Blame on Us"

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1877351_1877350_1877343,00.html

And here is the other Chairman, Paul Steiger.

Yet one of the organization’s key founders and major financial backers supports interests aligned with what would appear anathema to ProPublica’s stated principles – namely, George Soros’ Media Matters – an organization with a long and controversial past that has, even recently, come under fire for seeking to silence press with which it is ideologically opposed.

Headed by Paul Steiger, former editor-in-chief of the Wall Street Journal, ProPublica’s reports have a long reach despite their non-profit origin. With nearly 100 partnerships at various news outlets including the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post and the L.A. Times, many of ProPublica’s investigative reports touch a broad and diverse audience, thus helping to shape the nation’s daily narrative.

It comes as no surprise then, that critics might be unsettled by what they view an obvious conflict created by the incongruent interests of ProPublica’s Chairman.

Copies of The Sandler Foundation’s 990 tax returns dating back to 2005 and the list of liberal organizations and leftist causes to which the foundation contributes are vast. From the Center for American Progress to the ACLU, far-left J-Street to Soros’ Tides Foundation and Media Matters.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...outfit-propublica-funded-by-soros-affiliates/

#22     May 28, 2013
  3. piezoe

piezoe

#23     May 29, 2013
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Couldn't agree more. Let us know when you're going to start posting correct information.

The bio of the founder of a website as support info is somewhat shaky as a reference.

#24     May 29, 2013
  5. There is a common misconception that the WSJ is conservative. It's editorial page does reflect a largely neo-conservative stance. The paper itself does not. It's Washington bureau for many years was run by Al Hunt, a notorious leftwinger whose wife is Judy Woodruff, another died in the wool liberal washington media figure. The Washington bureau is still very liberal and the paper itself is squarely in the MSM camp, with the exception of the editorial page.

Do you really expect the site's bio page to say"We are extreme liberals dedicated to promoting George Soros' radical leftwing views."

I suppose next you'll be telling me that Media Matters really only wants to correct inaccuracies in the media, and that FactChecker is nonpartisan and unbiased.

#25     May 29, 2013
  6. piezoe

piezoe

That's interesting about the Washington Bureau of WSJ. Thanks. I know very little to nothing about those other organizations you mentioned. Soros is a very complicated man, as there are nuances to his stances. He might give financial support to a cause or organization, for example, that he does not agree with entirely, but considers the alternative to be much worse.

I have read a considerable portion of what he has written, and I have read what others have written about him, including the comments here on ET. The latter were of no use in trying to understand this complex individual, because they were almost entirely futile attempts to associate his positions with someone else the writer thought unsavory, or brand him with a silly label, such as "lefty." I don't even know what is meant by that. I have the impression that those who are saying that Soros is a "lefty" don't know what a lefty is either, but they obviously, from their tone, think it's a bad thing.

Soros is a proponent of good government, so it is understandable why those who hate government, and want government to disappear from their lives, would not like him. This would probably be especially true of the crowd that sees a government conspiracy everywhere they look.

The more I read, the more I am beginning to believe that George Soros is among the people of the world that have had the greatest beneficial impact on humanity. Quite out of character compared to the stereotype of former hedge fund managers.

I read (twice) his lectures at the Central European University , which he founded and endowed by the way, and that little book is the single most important work on markets I have ever read, and I read a lot! I can highly recommend this book to you if you are interested in making money from the markets.

#26     May 29, 2013
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

No one is a proponent of bad government, and no one (that I know) thinks government should disappear from our lives. But there is a balance that needs to be struck, and government has gone way beyond that balance long ago. It is no longer a benevolent entity, looking to support it's people. It is a cancerous tumor that destroys creativity, stifles growth and robs us of our future.

If Soros were what you claimed he was, he would be railing against the current administration with all his (considerable) might.

#27     May 29, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

LOL I'll bet you believe in man made global warming, too, and that it is going to destroy the planet.

How naïve. :D

#28     May 29, 2013
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Next time I'm in Tampa, I'll owe you a beer! Outstanding post! So sadly true. And the people that can't understand what you just said I truly believe are either living under a rock, or have mental issues.

#29     May 29, 2013
  10. If only that balance equation/formula was written somewhere . . .

#30     May 29, 2013