The skinny on tape reading and trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Big Game Hunter, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Two recent failures on my part are noted in this thread and in the closed thread on automating SCT. Both people I engaged with were vertically oriented and are now locked into that orientation for the forseeable future. My words and graphics fell on deaf eyes that were disabled by the locked in inference supplied by long term memory attained through drills and reptition of CW which is iconoclastically trapped in a vertical orientation.

If a person can begin with right and left boundaries, then he can begin to think and build his mind in terms of sequences.

Aside from vertical and horizontal there is the question of sequences. As we all saw the academic community did vertical tests on TA and got stuck at the first level of not having any expertise. This is a boon to parasitic traders who frontrun the herd. Rcanfiel (now traderzones) was mesmerized by this vapid reasoning o his part.

One of the classic yields in recent Years is in information theory. The division of the two main streams, unstated, is vertical and horizontal in terms of applied mathematics to markets. Maesurements are either made vertically or horizontally.

A weighpoint on the way to sequences is certainty. To have sequences certainty is required. Certainty grows out of the sufficiency arguments of non probabilistic information theory. A sucet of the proposition is to not be able to find anomolies as the path to advanced expert is attained.

For the probabilistic oriented types this is statistical insignificance in the third significant figure using 400K sample sizes in liquid markets.

For beginners, working in the outside envelope of three fractals, it is a matter of trading the long diagonal of a channel where the channel beginng point and end point is the same phenomena determined horizontally using the sequencing of the slowest annotated channel. This is not a challenge from about fourth form onward educationally speaking. In the fourth form a child can read music, play music, sing. He can also read and write and spell and memorize lyrics. These are mostly all a result of using the operators for spatial, movement and shape. My son could also plow (multi bottom) and disk after sunset at that age without pulling clay.

A advanced beginner does the same for the middle fractal where he trades (15) traverses using an identical horizontal template the beginner uses for channels.

The next level and before intermediate, the trader adds no trades but makes an additional point per trade (15 points on average per day) thrpough the use of the orange boxes I put up for ironfist in this thread. Orange boxes are internal formations and patterns that occur on traverses of channels.

The sequences involved in these three levels of expertise are shown daily on log entries. The sequences are "repeatable" and are described in horizontal terms.

All beginner trades start on the Right Trend Line and move away from the RTL to the end of the channel where Price Fails To Traverse on its last attempt to reach the Left Trend Line. The last attempt is after the channel (RTL, then LTL) has been annotated. As we saw ironfist dissagreed with this because he could not know what was necessary to trade as a beginner.

The Sequence for the Beginner is Pt1, pt2, and pt3 and FTT (pt1 of next channel) and reverse @ FTT. There are 4 to 7 of these on average per day.

Advanced beginners trade traverses between points using tapes of traverses. This is about 15 trades a day going from right to left then left to right. I showed three trades on ironfist's chart to illustrate this for the part of the day shown. The beginner trade would have been long and lasted longer than iron fist's chart.

Point 1 to point 2 is always from right to left. Point 3 to point 3 is always left to right. The FTT is after point 3. Volume is increasing from point 1 to point 2; volume is decreasing from point 2 to point three. As any point is reached volume changes its formr behavior and that is the signal that price has completed its effort. So it looks like volume is done vertically. Actually volume is done as a first derivative with respect to time which makes the cacluation a horizontal one that is certain (binary).

Everything in trading is done in a binary manner.

[​IMG]

Take the the early exit syndrome of the vertical trader. Why did the chart of that trader show this syndrome. Uncertainty is the answer. This is where the anxiety, fear and anger come from in posts of vertical traders.

I'll take a beginner on a hike in the volume mountains. I do this so a vertically oriented person can "see" a reversal and trade without looking at price. A person doesn't need to see price to trade horizontally.

The hike starts at the beginning of the day. Put on your pack and hike up a black blazed trail. Blazes are colored swatches painted at eye level on trees where the bark is removed to smooth the cambrium for painting. Take the black trail to the peak. The peak is labelled (point 2 and B2R) and look about for the red trail. Beginners and advanced beginners hike along together and beginners hold and advanced beginners reverse on each trail color change. All hike onward on the new red trail leaving the peak going towards the next valley where a stream is located. At the edge of the stream we cross and pick up the new black trail (crossing is labelled point 3 and R2B). The beginners hold and the the advanced beginners reverse. The black trail has the same EC (elevation change) but is not so long as the fist black trail and at the peak the the label is FTT (and point 1 and B2R) and the trail changes back to red again. Everyone reverses here and the we head into the next valley where a bridge labelled BO and R2R) carries the red trail across the bridge and the steepness of the red trail really picks up as we all hike all the way to the next peak.(labelled point 2). The beginners hold and the advanced beginners reverse at point 2.

Beginners hold through all trail color changes and only trade FTT peaks. Advanced beginners reverse at each trail color change. Going from right to left is not spoken of but it is the up parts of volume trails (increasing volume). Going from left to right is going down volume trails.

A beginner learns to reverse on volume peaks labelled FTT because an FTT peak is described and labelled repeatedly by the map he is following. An FTT is a volume peak where the trail Failed To Traverse from the right trend line valley to the left ridge line because ther is a peak before the left ridge line in the distance is reached.

Fourth formers love to read the National Geographic and they like to be in cub packs or starting out in scouting after cubbing. Day hikes are fun and they can do compass and map reading of the terrain. Volume is the terrain and the trail color is the price trail that goes away from the valley as a dominat traverse and towards the valley as a non dominant.

The FTT marked the beginning of the overlap of a long trend's ending and the beginning of a short trend's beginning. The bridge over the stream at BO markef the end of the overlap and the red trail continued up the next volume mountainside.

Greaterreturns couldn't do the hike. He was looking for MLR's as shortcuts to the valley by bushwacking. He avoided peaks and got to a swamp as others posted their peak bagging prints. He is vertically oriented and left and right are meaningless to him.

Mr Black is trading 1 contract and bagging 5 to 7K every day in Bulgaria. A month for him on one contract is 100,000 dollars. I suggest that he put 5 or 10 contracts in his day pack and if he wishes he can purchase an automobile every day from now on.

Sequences of points and FTT's get a beginner and an advanced beginner to more profits per day than the margin on a contract. By adding to your day pack, more and more contracts a print goes in 5,000 dollar daily steps to 10,000 daily steps and doubles as frequently as a day passes each day.

No one has to step off the trail, it is colored showing the right side of the market. It is very easy to hike up and down volume mountains. At peaks there are R2B's or B2R's In valleys there are either R2B's and B2R's OR R2R's and B2B's. the trail doesn't change color on R2R's nor does it change color on B2B's on these bridges across streams in valleys called troughs.

#81     Sep 30, 2008
  2. Charly

Charly

#########################################

Thanks - so far. lol
    And which ones do/did please?

Thanks again!

#82     Sep 30, 2008
  3. pclark

pclark

Jack,

Sometimes I read you information and slightly understand what you are talking about and other times I don't get it.

I know people make fun of you sometimes but you SEEM like a really smart guy and I THINK I am somewhat intelligent but I just don't understand what you are saying sometimes. It almost seems like you a intentionally using big words and complex thinking make yourself seem really intelligent. Maybe you are just that far above me. I don't have a doctorate or anything.

The way I feel when I read one of your posts is the way I feel when I take a pharmaceutical printout of some medicine and read it. I can understand it if I think about what it's saying really hard but my head hurts afterwords and I am sure I miss some things. Instead of saying "This medicine can lower your blood pressure by relaxing your blood vessels" It says the same thing in language that is not understood by anyone but a Dr.

Is it possible for you to dumb down what you are saying?

I get it that you are saying instead of stop out to reverse the trade but beyond that I am clueless.

Help me understand.

Paul

#83     Sep 30, 2008
  4. ljmlmvlhk

ljmlmvlhk Guest

Sheesh, I kinda figured out beforehand that question was coming….
    What part of ‘Cuttens’ message didn’t you understand ?

Edges are often incredibly lucrative and usually very hard to find. Almost all of them degrade over time due to increased competition for slices of the same pie. It is pure insanity for any profitable trader to teach a true edge - fees would have to be astronomical (way above what any learner could afford) for them to compensate for the loss of profits.

#84     Sep 30, 2008
  5. Trading is hiking using the P, V relationship. A two part Boolean expression with IF's for Volume and THEN's for price.

I allowed myself in 1957 to put the P, V relationship in my mind.

By drills, meaning making pencilled charts on a brownline copy of a P, V chart, the P,V relationship became second nature (automatically available from my long term memory).

A if volume is increasing, then price will continue trending

B if volume is decreasing then price will change its trend.

A peak in volume is where the first derivative is zero. A trough in volume is where the first derivative is zero.

the dominant traverse across a channel is A. The horizontal right to left movement of price.

The non dominant traverse across achannel is B. The horizontal left to right movement of price.

If a present derivative of volume is going on, then a future (near term event) for price will ensue.

A trader looks into the market from the future into the present. He watches the future move into the present as he looks over to the present. there is white space on his chart on the right side where projections of three fractal boundaries push into the future.

The binary cetainty of this horizontal viewpoint happens to exist in the near term future just before the future moves into the present. This is because all the altenative futures possible are eliminated just before the future moves ito the present.

To go to intermediate then to advanced intermediate then to expert and on to advanced expert is a learning process of developing a memory that is differentiated more and more. The consequence is that the inference that makes up 90% of Perception is dead on (is operating at certainty) regarding the near term future just before the Present. This near term future is where the mind works to turn beliefs into behavior which only occurs in the Present.

You "know you know" in the near term future (It is called WMCN) and as it glides into the Present you act in a behavioral way.

Look at a chart of yesterday from that vantage point. A 100 oint ATR becomes 300 points easily and for some up to 600 points per contract.

Why do the OCD's keep screaming for years and years about prints. Why did those who saw prints when it was in vogue scream "photoshop" equivalent (It was before photoshop existed)? Their inference makes what they saw "unbelivable" because it is not in their life's sphere of possibility.

What drills did they do to achieve their long term memory? They worked in a vertical orientation and, naturally, they are not neutral biased (its not possible). A neutral bias is a horizontal characteristic. Where a person looks in from the future to the Present. It has to do with the flow of the future into the present.

Go to the hike story and change the red to black and the black to red. The hike story will need no other adjustments to read as a story of making profits all the time on each skill level.

A very telling comment on trading is how things are named. Say that a person does not want any unnecessary handicaps. How would he go about erasing things in a trading plan on paper to go from vertical to neutral biased.

An example is Support and Resistance. Ironfist uses those and they are in the 68 pager for AHG beginners. DBPhoenix used supply and demand. He also could NOT draw a channel; he got up to TL but ut was not horizontally oriented.. Marketsurfer cannot do channels but "channel" appeared in a recent post of his (as in not breaking a _______).

As a horizontal person a Right Trend Line is always what price goes away from as a dominant trending traverse advances the overall trend. The limit of traverse movement is the Left Trend Line. All neutrally oriented. the mind is always using the same construct from the rock solid inference built by repeated usage.

I used to say to do 50 of this or 50 of that to get a glimpse of inference stepping up to the plate to make trading like driving a car. I wanted people to experience short term memory connections (1300) synapses neuorn to neuron becoing long term memory (2700 connections). We have 100 billion neurons available.

MADA is a routine that engenders long term memory. annotating engenders long term memory. Logging engenders long term memory and debriefing engneders long term memory. what is the star drill that engenders long term memory? It isn't OCD whinning. It is supporting the learning of others. Stating 100 times how to get an FTT straight is a very profitable learning support activity. And it works on channels, traverses and tapes.

The binary vector algorithm model of the three applications has one ATS circuit (loop) that may be used nearly 70 times. In human non computer terms, this is a great example of how dirrentiating has many applications to different conditions, situations and circumstances. One differentiated group of locations (spread around based on opertor proximities) can be used unconsciously at many daily reoccurring times.

An expert or advanced expert trades unconsciously from a horizontal neutrally biased orientation. I referred to it as sports memory. When you talk at Expos to those who are experts, there is this common trait. One Shot, One Kill is an all in strategy. The originator's used books sell or more than the original publications.

when a person sees price moving to the right (dominant) and to the left (non dominat), he slao knows that he is hiking up or down carrying a day pack full of contracts (50 or five times 50). He also knows how to steer and focus on what is important when he is at a peak or trough all when the trail color is changing.

The beginner internals level that follows advanced beginner deals with effectiveness and efficiency. This is honing in on the 15 extra points a day to make on fifteen reversals. It is a matter of TIMING on the horizontal scale of the charts. We use MODE to differentiate horizontally. In that plce where just before the Present where the future is coming into the Present, we get to steer and focus on looking and zooming in on what is what.
    the bouncing ball on the volume has a gap btween it and the completed volume of the foming bar. How is that gap peforming relative to the rate of change of the movement of the bouncing ball. Steering get you to look at a time when the end of moving to the right or the end of moving to the left is coming up. Then while there, you zoom in with a huge pile of inference to give you perception as what you see (10% of your act) is there on the table.

How many balls did pepe bounce before he scripted it and the WALL on the DOM. It is the MODE changing from Continue to Change and vice versa. The P, V relation.

This text is all about horizontal sequences. Sequences in time. You drive your car horizontally. Ski. Glide Fly. Surf. BUT NEVER TRADE HORIZONTALLY and use what your brain has already built into it. NEVAH!!!!!

What is the OCD whinning and loser trading? This is the epitime of a vertical guy slamming his head against the wall trying to apply vertical thinking to a horizontal algorithm.

Why don't TA indicators and formations work for the academic world? Bo one can take vertical signals and apply them to making money using tools that only give horizontal signals to ahorizontally based algorithm. What is the MODE signalling of any indicator as the P, V relationship is applied to it? When you read the answer simply note the fialure of the academic world (this includes quants). Do you get it yet?????

Signalling is done as steps of sequences in all of TA, indicators or formation in orientation. Look at the series of questions he asks on his way to OCD. Think about how SPM got so screwed up by the OP. Think of how DOA it was after he left his paid subscriptions to a vertically oriented scam operation. Now look at his whinning quests.

WMCN? What must come next? WHAT must come next? What MUST come next?

Next........ Next comes from the mind.... It is there in the mind..... It is being put in the mind...

It is available unconsciously BEFORE it is consciously available IF you are horizontally oriented and not crosswired in a vertical orientation as a consequence of decisions made to attain beliefs you decided to believe.

Bio chemically, once you get crosswired it is very difficult to even summon the biochemicals repeatedly and consistently to dissolve past beliefs. On the other hand your mind keeps demanding the opposite bio chemicals which in turn keep lockin already on hand unsatisfactory beliefs.

If you want to see what is going on around the globe, then look at thread hits. An open thread was getting 1 million hits per year. Closed threads are getting, at this point in the year 500,000 hits 3/4ths through the year. And, in addition, concurrently, the open thread is at over 800,000 hits. People in a horizontal orientation are repeatedly supporting their learning.

As you know, millionaires are emerging to help others.

Hits do come from OCD whinners. Econometrically, it has been commented the OCD's are the promo group. Maybe, but more likely it is word of mouth from succesful traders going form three digits a day to four digits a day to five digits a day and thence to occasional six digit days. Runnig at the rate of upwards to 2 million hits a year is a statement that people recognize that reptition is THE way to build the mind's correct certain inference in support of perception. The repetition of helping others is the icing on the cake for those paying it forward and helping fund local problem solving.

Thunderdog will now count the words I typed today....lol....

arf arf.....

[​IMG]

#85     Sep 30, 2008
  6. I don't pay med malpractice insurance premiums anymore.

But I do make it to first in line when Liz plants me in an ER. They get my diagnosis, triage me and get me on a guerney pronto.

Lets take the number 1000. There are either a thousand cuts to the end or a thousand steps to the summit.

A hurting head is at least three steps or a little leap.

Your perception is almost all from your mind.

Build your mind with a thousand steps.

I had to fix my heart a couple years back. It really leaked instead of pumping. It was fun to watch me turn blue.

My dr. answered my Q. I asked how to get my heart to work. I swam for 6 months (I have solar heated pool) to press my internal organs against my heart and tone it up and change the shape back to the right shape. I am now one of his example of doing what to do if the right question is asked. You asked the right Q.

For six months you walk the walk starting on page one.

Some of the people who will answer your Q's trade 30 ,40 or 50 contracts and occasionally in 30 minutes make 40,000 dollars.

When you start answering questions, you will also be making 40,000 bucks in 30 minutes. Why? Because you can afford to help others.

In January of 2007, we started a syllabus. It began with step one of annotating price and volume. Price is used to make money in an account and volume tells you when money is to be made. We use small straight lines everywhere.

Long ago before indexes we only did stocks. There is one difficulty in going from an initial account in stocks to a million dollars. It is too slow. Making 40,000 dollars in 30 minutes is more appropriate.

Paul, smile and begin the next step of the trip. You already did the first few.

Print out the edited documents of each month beginning in January 2007. Punch them up and begin. The person who did the editing did it because he could afford to. They are there for you and anyone in the world anywhere. You have a printer and ink and paper and a punch. Get a hi liter.

Your mind will get built by doing the work. The work turns out the same for everyone who does it.

It is not cheating to put pepe script on a ninja at some point. You can put the "package" on TN too.

Don't skip steps because you are lazy and especially do not skip steps if you think you are smart. Skipping steps builds holes in the head.

Its too late to jump on an icebreaker headed south from the arctic. Maybe next Spring when Antartica is clogging up you may want to take a ride up to iceland and further north from Ushia with me and my pet seals. I will turn the pages for you.

Start on page one. Join the millions of hits.

#86     Sep 30, 2008
  7. ehorn

ehorn

Here is an Index to the journal, courtesy of Tums.

#87     Sep 30, 2008
  8. SK0

SK0

I am a beginner. Recently I was like you. But I took 3 difficult months to browse, print, read, re-read, and ponder WTF on thousands of posts and numerous documents by Jack and his A team in ET. With enough pieces of puzzles in the right spots, I dived into Spyder's Futures thread.

I am still in the process of reading 2nd and 3rd month of the syllabus. The water is warm but I am not rashing as there are lots of goodies to pick up and sink down.

I have to admit it is hard to start, especially with Jack's writing which would be hard to make sense initially.

Thanks Jack, Spyder & all.:cool:

#88     Oct 14, 2008