The skinny on tape reading and trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Big Game Hunter, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Is that scaling?

Was the last part of the last year super trendy and the first part super choppy and that's why it lost money at first?

#31     Sep 26, 2008
  2. pismo10

pismo10

Big DD, ouch.

#32     Sep 26, 2008
  3. jprad

jprad

Argh!

#33     Sep 26, 2008
  4. pismo10

pismo10

Get's whipped to death in the ES.

#34     Sep 26, 2008
  5. werd

#35     Sep 26, 2008
  6. ljmlmvlhk

ljmlmvlhk Guest

I thought that the following below was a good point made by cutten on another thread:

Saying that, the examples posted in this tread can make money but I believe it has a limited application.
    Chop does kill it.
    However chop can also be worked around if you know how and in the correct environment.

#36     Sep 26, 2008
  7. pismo10

pismo10

This is another simple glorious mechanical system that may or may not work on a certain instrument on a certain time frame. It may work for a while or not or die soon, who knows. I see nothing special. Anyone can write a system in a few hours that makes money backtesting. Consistency is the problem and actual results going forward.

#37     Sep 26, 2008
  8. Any tips?

I've been dealing with this issue for years :D

#38     Sep 26, 2008
  9. ljmlmvlhk

ljmlmvlhk Guest

I’d like to give you tips, honestly, but I’ll give Cutten again credit for the following line of his wisdom:

It can be done – working around chop - but think laterally and away from conventional wisdom.

It has taken me months to work it out, but in essence it is simple.
    Ideas often come when I'm in bed, half asleep, undistracted.

Write down your ideas, and edit those ideas again and again and again until it falls into place.

#39     Sep 27, 2008
  10. Learn to know where is the Right Side of the Market and your issue will not be a issue anymore:)

#40     Sep 27, 2008