The Six Presidents Causing U.S. Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Economics' started by OddTrader, Aug 2, 2017.

2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

FALSE

3. The Reagan Years are often lauded as the economic boom times of Reaganomics. But that's HOGWASH! Much as I liked him, he's the one who espoused the notion... "we don't need to parse the budget for 'guns-or-butter'... we can have both. Just borrow what we don't have and spend it".

Ever since, exploding national debt and deficits. (One dumbass Senator even remarked, "Reagan proved deficits don't matter".)

:(

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
    bullmarket79 likes this.
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Your posting is false and misinformed. All Reagan budgets were DOA. Reagan attempted to initiate growth and curb spending, but it was to no avail. Congress spends what it wants to. Moderator--I suggest this be moved to politics forum.

5. zdreg

zdreg

"there are no solutions only trade-offs"

President Reagan's choice was to focus on destroying the USSR, the evil empire.

6. volpri

volpri

TRUE ...as much as I like Reagan the total debt exploded under Reagans Administration and has been climbing climbing climbing..ever since

"During Reagan's presidency, the national debt grew from $997 billion to $2.85 trillion. led to the U.S. moving from the world's largest international creditor to the world's largest debtor nation. Reagan described the new debt as the "greatest disappointment" of his presidency." Wikipedia

7. toc

toc

Who cares, those in the power and prestige do not do anything about it so only thing common citizens can do is to guard their interests and play it safe.

8. DeltaRisk

DeltaRisk

Can you honestly say that the national debt matters to the single mom on the south side of Chicago just barely getting by?
    No, it doesn't.

The relationship between the government and the Fed is mutually beneficial.
    The Fed cannot exist without the government, but under our current situation, the government cannot exist without the Fed.
    Many people have guessed why our government doesn't print its own money without cost? You know what happens to them? They die.

Seriously, I understand your point but you don't know the lengths they will go to keep that power. Leave it alone.

johnnyrock likes this.
  10. Overnight

Overnight

#10     Aug 2, 2017
    DeltaRisk and volpri like this.