The Silence on ET is deafening!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by empee, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Hey fuck you punk. Who do you think you are some great trader kiss my ass boy.

#61     Aug 9, 2007

2. Gee, was it something I said? :eek:

I just simply stated the obvious.

st

#62     Aug 9, 2007

3. Anyone else think that comment was priceless? :D

~Cx

#63     Aug 9, 2007

4. IOW, because YOU were unable to trade these recent market moves successfully, you then ASSume no one can. And when anyone who makes a factual statement that they are indeed tradable, you dismiss it as "idiotic shit." When called out on this, your only defense is one of delusional outbursts of how only lucky "noobies" would believe these markets can be traded while practicing acceptable risk management. When pushed further on that nonsensical blather, the best you could muster was verbal diarrhea of how the markets are erratic due to day traders, hedge funds, greed, fear, panic, yadda, yadda, yadda, and then liken it to gambling followed by juvenile schoolyard taunts. I appreciate you clearing your myopic views up for us, as I have no idea whether you are a "noobie or not, but it's quite obvious you are a clueless amateur.

There is nothing wrong with someone expressing their views that they are unable to trade in certain market environments. That shows the trader understands and accepts their limitations. But multiple postings of how "this markets suck, this is a fools market, no one can make money in this market, etc., etc.", only exposes the poster as either someone who was raised to believe "there are no losers" or someone who is simply a incompetent wuss. Saying no one can trade a certain style because you were not able to do so comes across as your being both, in addition to exposing yourself as a foolish imbecile.

The recent market activity is indeed a traders dream environment. If you are not adept at this style of intraday action, don't ASSume everyone else isn't as well based on YOUR experience. And yes ,I have indeed caught most of the "whipsaw" swings as you like to call them, risking no more than in any other other market conditions. I'm quite sure a few other traders who post here have done so as well. If risking a maximum of 3 points for these 10-20-30 point ES runs is not acceptable risk management per your definition, you should find another avenue other than the markets for your investment strategies.

That said, I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. But anyone making dim-witted accusations such as yours, rest assured, I'll be calling on them to explain themselves as well.

st

#64     Aug 9, 2007

5. you shouldn't stay out. trade only the deepest imbalances where r/r makes it mandatory to enter the market; i dont know if you trade off charts and TA but patterns are the same as before only with a lot more noise and whipsaw. forget price action if it makes no sense to you and just trade off the most significant patterns like double tops/bottoms that happen once or twice a day. limit your trades to those patterns: you know they work as they determine new trends, couple of trades and you are done for the day. you'll have to stomach heavier running losses as market is most likely to go much deeper against you before turning your way but your gains justify that as can be pretty monstrous or least large enough to justify wider stops and steeper losses as well.

#65     Aug 9, 2007
  6. Exactly!!! And let's be honest. You don't have to be a guru to follow these long extended trends in both directions. Even when your are wrong there normally is enough time to reverse and make nice profits.

#66     Aug 9, 2007
  7. Stick around, there's plenty more where that came from. The members here have learned to ignore him, he thrives on attention.

#67     Aug 10, 2007