The Silence on ET is deafening!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by empee, Aug 9, 2007.

1. I'm not blaming the market, what I am doing is getting sick of these amateurish commentary of how "nobody should lose money". Only noobs on a lucky day say something like that.

What I am deriving from watching the futures action and then experiencing stocks is that it is primarily speculators driving moves on EMOTION, PANIC, GREED & FEAR. There were times, which I'm sure most here never experienced, when a very strong or very weak market meant a similiar feel between the futures and the stocks. It's not there at all during these swings, it's just daytraders & bots acting like sheep and jumping onto a wave while the real buyers & sellers just go to the sidelines.

My personal guess is that it's mostly gambling, these moves & whipsaws are just too wild. I bet that last week there were twice as many "big shots" who thought it was the greatest market ever, till their luck ran out this week. Yeah that's right, I think it's more gambling than anything trying to trade opposing 100 points moves in a matter of 10 min. Really, what's your edge? Risk control, lol? The chart told you? Or does the psychic ball tell you that some big sell program is about to dump contracts faster than a blind man will dump his fat ugly girlfriend after regaining his vision?

Come on, get real. You guys are acting like you happen to be on the right side of each whipsaw.

#51     Aug 9, 2007
  2. still no good reason for the market to sell off so much

Reading the yahoo finance headlines and no major stories broke that could account for such a large drop.

#52     Aug 9, 2007

3. Comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it, chump? Do show where I made any mention that no one is losing any money as you so boldly state. Could it be your inability to stay on topic and follow along in a coherent manner be the reason you are unable to grasp what it was I actually said? If you can't trade, just say so! No need to make a fool out of yourself in this manner.

st

#53     Aug 9, 2007

4. Are you always this friggin' stupid, or are you just making a special effort today?

Not one word of that verbal tripe was even remotely accurate. It appears all you have are assumptions, guesses, and opinions based on ignorance. Go buy a clue!

st

#54     Aug 9, 2007
  5. Maybe just today, your mom drained me of much fluid last night with her mouth. This could be a side effect.

Said by a genius who thinks that a solid method for capturing gains will work like magic for ABNORMAL market action. Because slippage & spread do not increase against, neither do the whipsaws. So when that extreme move starts, who cares about proper rules of not chasing moves, just swing for the fences.

I'll buy the clue with the profits I made today and give it to you as a present. It's heavy speculative trader & hedge fund games, heavily based on sentiment which changes at the drop of dime. Short of getting in on the inside & most important information, you really have no edge. Oh wait, your charts tell you exactly what is going to happen, because there is so much history behind 100 point Dow swings within 10 min.

#55     Aug 9, 2007
  6. RL8093

RL8093

Agreed. Those posts are just idiotic and warrant no response from me.

I agree that "EMOTION, PANIC, GREED & FEAR" are at very high levels. People are confused and many have accumulated lots of profits as the mkts have been on a northbound grind for years. Some funds are stopping redemptions - when people wake up in the morning and find out that all those paper profits may indeed not be real - big wake-up call... :eek:

On the other assertions like "the psychic ball tell you that some big sell program is about to dump contracts" - I disagree. While there may be some big computerized sell programs dumping contracts randomly in the mkt, I've not seen evidence of them. Whether I've caught them or not, most of the big moves recently have had good signals, allowing them to be played (intraday).

While I intend no personal disrespect, blaming mkt moves on random events is frequently an act of laziness or a form of 'victim mode'. This removes any need of ownership for grasping the underlying dynamics of the move (signals) or any need for further study. While obviously, many of the posters are noobs who just got lucky with a few trades, there are others who have done their homework and are now reaping the rewards.

ET has a diverse group of people with different risk profiles & skill levels - not all of them are poser - idiots. For years, I assumed the gyrations just after most FOMC announcements were untradable. I recently read that a frequent ET contributor consistently makes large profits from those gyrations. After doing some detailed homework - I can now see where it is definitely possible to profit from those swings. Viewing them as random, untradable events kept me from developing an edge in that area and depriving me of large potential profits.

R

#56     Aug 9, 2007
  7. This market is for traders.

#57     Aug 9, 2007
  8. Damn right it is! I made only two round trips on the ER today for 38 points. What a dream market !! Booh hoo to the "Bulls" and bullshitters. LMAO all the way to the bank (again).

Good Trading to you all

GT

p.s. MJH--wherever you are--you were right and I owe you big time--thanks man.

#58     Aug 9, 2007

9. Your schoolyard juvenile rant aside, my mother has been dead for over 12 years, so it seems we have now established you are a perverted sick-minded individual as well as a very stupid one. You may as well have just said you are a moronic simpleton who's so weak minded that the mechanism that functions to prevent most people from acting like 7 year olds just can't stop you from spouting playground crap.

In just a few short posts, we have established that you are a liar, you admit to being stupid today, and openly acknowledge that you have sex with dead elderly women. Please carry on so we can all see what else you have to offer.

st

#59     Aug 9, 2007
  10. You made a good post. I think what people need to understand is that a serious respect for risk is needed in this market environment. You have some self-proclaimed big shots acting like it's a free money train and then even demeaning those who may not feel the same. It just sounds ridiculous. Any real pro's first reaction would be to recognize the risk behind such strong whipsaws, not the cash register.
    I'm not blaming the market, I'm not really blaming anyone because I made a concious attempt to trade during the extreme moves to see if there is any real opportunity. Net, I walked away giving away profits, but more importantly, I did not like the action and the fact that even on a positive trade, it felt more like gambling because it was just too erratic. Herd hysteria, mostly led by daytraders. There is also the issue that market mechanics are different now than before.

There are profits that can be taken which are much larger & much faster than during "normal" market environment. But that requires a significant amount of risk. What most here tend to forget is that just because you take the risk, does not mean you reap the reward.

#60     Aug 9, 2007