The Silence on ET is deafening!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by empee, Aug 9, 2007.

1. I cursed myself as BSC went up, and cursed myself as it goes down.

Hence the nature of this volatile sideways market.

I'm making money, but nowhere near as much as I should. Guess I'm just a newb.

At least I'm not trying the YM, I'd be ripping my hair out w/ these swings.

#41     Aug 9, 2007
  2. RL8093

RL8093

You've got to be kidding me!! This is the best trading mkt we've had for months. Unpredictable volatility would also drive me crazy but I have yet to see that. I'm not saying I get every move correct but if I screw up, when I go back and look at the price action, there's typically signals I missed or ignored during the 'action'.
    Or they need to do more homework. This is a fantastic 'trader's' mkt.
    Generalizations like this tend to be inaccurate or blatantly untrue. I've yet to see evidence that this is a true statement. In fact, I continue to see strong evidence to the contrary (including this thread).
    How long you've been reading charts is pretty irrelevant (especially if it does not produce the desired results). Typically, if you're blaming the mkt's volatility or saying it's a fool's mkt, you may want to use that as an indication that more chart / mkt study is warranted (IMHO) ..... :eek:

R

#42     Aug 9, 2007
  3. Oh REALLY?

Please, just answer me this. Who is losing money then since all the "traders" are making boatloads. I'm really curious.
    It can't be those of us who are relativelly indifferent & not comfortable of these crazy swings cause we are staying out.

#43     Aug 9, 2007
  4. WD40

WD40

you are staying out?

Got spooked?

#44     Aug 9, 2007
  5. Havent you heard? Its the Quant funds. The traders on ET are beating the Quant funds.

:D

#45     Aug 9, 2007
  6. EmCee things are going fine.

Seriosuly this selloff NO big deal at all.

#46     Aug 9, 2007
  7. Can't answer my question?

#47     Aug 9, 2007
  8. RL8093

RL8093

Obviously 'all' the traders are not making money - at least not on every trade. In trading as in most endeavors, some are more skilled / adept than others and are reaping the rewards. My point above was to not blame the mkt if you want to make profits. I find that it is much more productive to use the time finding out how others are successful...
    It appears that you recognize that this type of mkt is outside your comfort zone and have moved to the sidelines. Many fail to recognize when they no longer possess an edge and keep trading - typically to give money back.

R

#48     Aug 9, 2007
  9. Oh yeah, thats why Goldman's fund is hurting, ETers are ripping em apart in the indices.

#49     Aug 9, 2007

10. Yes, your erratic behavior of blaming the markets for your inability to read a simple chart this morning was noticed by quite a few people. Thanks for acknowledging that fact.

st

#50     Aug 9, 2007