The Silence on ET is deafening!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by empee, Aug 9, 2007.

1. You have me beat by $2400 and my tally is current. :( Of course, I am only trading half positions today, but I concede that's no excuse. A "real" trader would be loading the boat on these moves! :D

Good job!!!

st

#31     Aug 9, 2007
  2. The only ppl losing are passive longs and passive-leveraged short gamma. If you're not making money in active-trading, then you should consider another profession.

#32     Aug 9, 2007
  3. Perhaps they're trading, not posting?

#33     Aug 9, 2007
  4. WD40

WD40

The market is NEVER eratic. You have been reading the charts for over 8 years, you should know better than that.

The market is Never eratic, traders who got spooked are.

#34     Aug 9, 2007
  5. WD40

WD40

Go get a job if you can't trade.

You are investing, don't confuse it with trading.
    Go put the stock certificates under your pillow. Have a sweet dream, you will wake up with profits.

#35     Aug 9, 2007

6. Sure I will admit I can't always catch every move, so what. I do well enough to stay in the game.

Their were quite a few who noticed this mornings erratic behavior.

#36     Aug 9, 2007
  7. Markets can become very volatile, or erratic.

#37     Aug 9, 2007
  8. Oh really, so everyone is making money and noone is losing it? Please tell exactly who the counterparty is cause it certainly is not dumb money, since they are not in this market.

I'm responding because it is annoying to see these amateurish statements. It's equivalent to an acquaintence stating "Wow you must have made a lot of money today, Dow is up 100+ points" when the intraday action was actually slow. It's something that a newbie trader would say after experiencing some volatility and getting lucky on risky trades. A pro trader would stay humble and know that not everyone relies or even wants such crazy swings. It's not bubble hysteria with lots of mom & pop bagholders, it's a much more dangerous environment.

And so that you stop assuming, no, I am not blaming these Dow/S&P swings on any losses, although overall I have lost some money in the periods when these swings were going on. I have purposely tried to trade those periods because of the perceived opportunity and have realized that it is just gambling because it's just daytraders & bots trading with emotion & panic. So I made the mistake to learn that it's not worth it to trade in those periods. See, my method does not need the futures to go one way or the other, that's why I am able to capture $.50-1.00 trades on the long side while the Dow is down almost 200 points.

High volatility or low volatility, the market mechanics now are not as lucrative as they were in the past and never will be. 2003, while low volatility, was a very lucrative & CONSISTENT environment.

#38     Aug 9, 2007
  9. What I'm gonna go get is a coffee & a muffin since I was done for the day at 12pm and met my target. Can't wait to see you start crying once these swings dissapear and you can no longer "trade" aka gamble.

#39     Aug 9, 2007
  10. Real traders make and lose money in all market conditions.

Sometimes, the market behaves in a way that aligns perfectly with your strategy and you make killing, while other overall profitable traders have a horrible a day.

Its the nature of the beast. I love days like today.

#40     Aug 9, 2007