The Shorting of Frauds, Overhyped and Bankrupt Stocks Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Daal, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Daal

Daal

This stock is tough as nails. I lost a bit trying to short on the way up in the 17-19 range. Then I gave up. I dont understand what is driving it (if its pure manipulation, if its a sector move or what). I also dont see any good catalysts for a collapse (they dont have financing effective with the SEC so an offering is off the table for now). I will only get involved if something significant happens. A parabolic in the daily with shorts blowing out, would certainly count

#801     Sep 14, 2016
  2. Dan Zanger is squeezing it! And it has a low float, which of course, makes it easier to squeeze.
    [​IMG]

(Chart is from Dan Zanger)

#802     Sep 15, 2016
  3. Daal

Daal

Mindblowing that AVXL was allowed to have its S3 go effective by the SEC. Now this stock has turned into wild west trading. If you read the prospectus of how it works, Lincoln Park can get shares at the avg of the 3 lowest closes over the last 10 days (which they can flip at anytime). The company of course, has obliged to Park by putting out PRs and creating a market (liquid and at a much higher price) so that Park can dump the newly printed shares
    I estimate that Park has been printed over 2M shares so far since early Sep (when it appears the S3 was first used). I'm short the stock and think it will continue to face pressure over coming days
    Park will continue to get shares at a bellow $3 cost even though its trading above $4, which they will continue to sell. There are also lots of longs trapped from the PRs machine
    In addition, at some point they will put out the same ploy again. That is, they will manipulate the stock down for a 5-10 day period, print up shares for Park, put some PRs out, pop the stock and sell it again.
    This boom bust pattern is something that shorts can take advantage of

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    #803     Sep 28, 2016
  4. Anyone short RTNB?
    Small float so watch out,but I don't understand why it's still trading at 2.34

#804     Aug 23, 2017
  5. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

I thought someone was actually taking bets on my journal. Most of the bets wouldn't be on the long shot. That's for sure. Come check it out to see if Johnny blows up, or if he blows up? It should be entertaining either way!

#805     Aug 23, 2017
  6. zdreg

zdreg

[QUOTE="Chuck Krug, post: 3582989, member:
    STSA STERLING FINL CORP/SPOKANE -25 0 0 -25
    25 0 0 -25[/QUOTE]

STSA STERLING FINL CORP/SPOKANE -25 0 0 -25 is wrong symbol

#806     Sep 10, 2020