The Short List

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dotslashfuture, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Swipe

Swipe

I have to admit I took the other side of your KKD trade. It was only off support by about .40 so I had to use my contrary indicator...fade the person recommending a position.

I was buying it anyway, but thanks for the extra encouragement.

#21     Apr 16, 2003
  2. at these levels?

Or maybe a long straddle/strangle?

Ice:cool:

#22     Apr 16, 2003
  3. unh is a possibility, so is wlp

i'm adding HRB to the list.

#23     Apr 18, 2003
  4. here is the revised list:

abc
    movi
    petm
    tecd
    hrb

#24     Apr 18, 2003
  5. shorting..

i wouldn't short anything nasdaq at the moment.

dotslash, at what price did you shorted these stocks at or what price would u consider shorting them at?

also what type of gains are u looking to achieve on each of these stocks and how long are u looking to hold to hold them??

#25     Apr 18, 2003
  6. I haven't shorted any of them yet. I am making a list, "stalking" them if you will.

I like to keep lists of both short candidates and long candidates so when I have the extra cash and the market turns I am ready.

I agree that the last few weeks have been a bad time to be short, and I am not short anything at the moment, just long a few things.

#26     Apr 21, 2003
  7. "also what type of gains are u looking to achieve on each of these stocks and how long are u looking to hold to hold them??"

I'm looking at fundamentals and daily charts to find these picks, so the time frame should be at least weeks, and possibly several months. I tend to use stop orders and trailing stops, so I let the market determine how long I hold.

#27     Apr 21, 2003
  8. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

#28     Apr 21, 2003
  9. Maverick1

Maverick1

ABC breaking down.

Maverick.

#29     Apr 21, 2003
  10. short GPS long-term... they'll be <12.00 by the next quarter. :)

#30     Apr 21, 2003