The Sharon Factor

Discussion in 'Trading' started by andrasnm, Jan 4, 2006.

1. If he dies, the ME peace accord might die with him. I wonder if Wall Street will sell off tomorrow......
    JERUSALEM - Prime Minister Ariel Sharon suffered a massive, life-threatening stroke Wednesday and underwent lengthy surgery to drain blood from his brain after falling ill at his ranch. Powers were transferred to his deputy, Ehud Olmert.
    http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Israel
    ...PS I am short and down 3% so I need to get out preferrebly with a little help...

2. I have a feeling the market will sell off, but not necessarily because of Sharon. We're at the top of the established range here and today's action was lackluster.

3. Chagi

Chagi

It is interesting (and sad) that this has happened. Interesting because I was just reading the current issue of The Economist, and they talked about this exact issue, i.e. what would happen if Sharon were to suffer health-wise at this point in time.

4. EBenson

EBenson

Sharon should have known himself,hes overweight and not 20 years old anymore,he should have started doing yoga and reducing his weight a decade ago.:mad:
    hes been the best Israeli PM since a long time.
    all i can say now is that i really hope that Kadima doesnt get hurt too much by all this.

5. I don't think the market cares. They sure as hell don't care that 40 Congressman could be implicated by Abramhoff.

6. well obviously the market shrugged a shoulder....
    I am out of my short 'cause I am down 3% - a sure sign of a sell-off day tomorrow...RATS

7. dis

dis

Buy energy.