The Sexiest Customizable Algo!

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by CyborgTrading, Oct 23, 2009.

1. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

Scrody is right that you will not make money on rebates with your current commission structure. However, as bootsie pointed out the shake is not necessarily about rebates, with each shake (replenished entry order filled-replenished profit order filled) you will still be making the cent. which means that even after commissions you are still making about 80 cents for every shake (depending on what ECN you choose)... Stay in the trade for long enough and you could be positive even if you are stopped out offside.
    However, the shake is highly customizable and you may want to customize the shake a little differently then was shown in the video to take more then one cent profit on every "shake" this will reduce your total number of shakes but will help compensate for you extremely high commission structure.
    The real point is that the shake is a tool, the way that you use it may be very different then the way that I use it. There are certainly many was to use the shake that I have not even considered.
    And the shake is just a very small part of what the cyborg platform can do.

#21     Oct 23, 2009
  2. WinSum

WinSum

Cyborgtrading,

Do the the program have a feature to help users determine the optimal "Shake" price range (3 ticks, 5 ticks, or more...) to use ?

#22     Oct 23, 2009
  3. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

No, nothing about the shake is suggested or fixed. As a tool it can be used in any manner that you see fit. Here are some of the different ways that you can customize it.
    1. Destination - choose which ECN or exchange orders will be placed on.
    2. Entry per price - How much of your total order would you like at each price point.
    3. Entry space - How many cents/ticks would you like between each order. Using this feature users like "standard oil" can create a shake that may be more conducive to his commission structure.
    4. Start with a fill - Either start with a position or have the shake slowly get you into a position over a range of prices.
    5. Move Stack orders - Would you like to keep shaking when you are offside or keep all your shake orders onside.
    6. Stop offset - choose your stop out.

The shake can also be interacted with so you can take more as you are onside or punch out yourself at anytime. Or even decide if you would like the shake to stop running when if you decide to cancel an order yourself.

An interesting application is to run two shakes on the same product one buying, one selling, do not take a fill to start, do not shake offside, and you are set up to exploit a sideways market.

#23     Oct 23, 2009
  4. l2tradr

l2tradr

Is there a link for the fee schedule for this product? Thanks

#24     Oct 23, 2009
  5. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

#25     Oct 23, 2009
  6. l2tradr

l2tradr

Thanks!

#26     Oct 23, 2009
  7. LOL

That is my prop rate... I rarely do more then 15000 shares a day but have a high percent ratio.

#27     Oct 24, 2009
  8. l2tradr

l2tradr

I think he means the 0.20/1000 shares and a split with the firm (if you're doing rebate trading)

#28     Oct 24, 2009
  9. So, do you make money on rebates? If so what is your rate?

#29     Oct 26, 2009
  10. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

Shitty - Bottsie says right in his post that his commission is 20 cents per 1000 shares that means that he has a commission of .0002 per share.
    This is comparable to the commission structure that the creator of the video had. so it is very possible to make substantial profits on credits alone with that kind of commission.
    Hope this helps.

#30     Oct 26, 2009