The Sexiest Customizable Algo!

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by CyborgTrading, Oct 23, 2009.

1. CyborgTrading

CyborgTrading ET Sponsor

THE SHAKE

We’ve all seen it, random noise back and forth in a trading range, a slow grind up in a trending stock. Imagine a capturing the spread repeatedly and collecting rebates. Over the course of the trading all this can be a huge opportunity!!!

SO WHAT IS THE SHAKE??

The Shake is an algorithm developed by Cyborg Trading Systems for Day Traders, specifically designed to take advantage of random volatility in the markets.

A ‘Shake’ is the term used to describe when you have replenished your profit order and collected the spread. You can do this hundreds of times throughout the day.

This is NOT a black box credit machine. It’s better than that. YOU implement your own risk parameters, YOU start it when YOU want to, and you end it whenever YOU decide. You determine the position size, the direction, the range covered and set the stop out.

The cash benefit is always variable, but if you are the type who offers out at each penny when you have 2000 shares long, then with a typical ‘Shake’, a 20 cent move up that takes 30 mins and will net you nearly DOUBLE THE PROFITS thanks to the ‘shakes’ and credits!

WHAT IS THE BENEFIT??

By bidding and offering throughout a range, you collect the spread and the credits from each shake!!! This works great with very little risk in a grinding, boring market, OR even better in a whippy, volatile market. It’s all up to your personal risk tolerance.

And let me be clear, you do not have to AVERAGE yourself to death. This is not a double down strategy, most of the time you will pick a direction and allow the volatility to bid and offer you out over and over again. Check out this video of a shake with an initial position.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lO2x-EK2zvE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lO2x-EK2zvE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WHEN SHOULD I USE IT??

When to use the shake is a very common question. Sideways or Slowly Trending markets offer great opportunities, but don’t neglect the possibilities that the shake presents when it comes to hedging positions. Check out this video for an example of a ‘Butterfly Shake’ in a slow uptrend.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngwpcJy7CTA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngwpcJy7CTA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

WHERE CAN I GET THE SHAKE??

Go to www.cyborgtrading.com and download your free month trial. Cyborg offers a free training session that will get you started quickly, so you can start making money faster!!! And remember you can use Cyborg’s simulator environment (Cymborg) to test out your strategies risk-free.

2. IMPOSSIBLE.

this is circa 2002 stuff, no longer is relevent

3. credits? rebate trading? dude, this is 2009.

4. jnbadger

jnbadger

Even though it's not a new idea, I can see it still being valid if you start with a position with a direction in mind. But since I suck at directional trading...

Pertaining to the second video, it seems like a directional move would kill you since, in an up move, you are getting less long and more short, and vice versa for a down move.

Now if you were taking liquidity with your hedge instead of providing, you could stay relatively neutral, but the shakes would kill you.

Anyway, I realize these are just examples to show the technology, and I'm just thinking out loud. I'm sure this would be a useful tool for some.

5. please explain the credits to me rebate trading went dead in 2002

6. Scrody

Scrody

Interesting.....I've been using your spreader but have never seen “the shake”. Is there a way to have each leg of my spread run it's own shake? Not sure I wanna do that....as I could see things getting out of balance quickly but interested nonetheless. Maybe there is a way to re-balance in such a case?

7. I'm still looking at the typo in the headline. Didn't you mean "sexiest"? I'm not sure at all what "sexist" algo would do for me. Does it have something to do with Archie Bunker?

8. jnbadger

jnbadger

I don't know if you're asking me or him, but I get a small credit every month because I provide more than I take. I'm not trading the way I do just for the credit like people used to. Just the my strat works.

And that credit is nothing to write home about.

9. bespoke

bespoke

don't be a sexist....

also, if your algos are so great why don't you just trade them and make millions instead of selling software to unsuspecting idiots?

10. Who pays you this credit? I am not understanding it--- is this a commission refund or something?

certainly not trading with a retail broker

if you look at the video, the credit is higher than the profit--- what is this? please explain. thanks

#10     Oct 23, 2009