The secretive company ending privacy as we know it

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Jan 26, 2020.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

The secretive company ending privacy as we know it:
    Imagine a tool that could identify an attractive stranger on the subway, revealing not just their name but where they lived, what they did and whom they knew. Introducing Clearview AI, a facial recognition app that allows anyone to take a picture of a person, upload it and see public photos of them, along with links to where those photos appeared. It goes far beyond anything ever created by the United States government or Silicon Valley giants.(The New York Times)

“Absent a very strong federal privacy law, we’re all screwed.”

tomtr27 and Onra like this.
  2. R1234

R1234

could get interesting if they could embed that into google glass

3. guru

guru

4. schizo

schizo

Well, the problem is two-fold. There are unscrupulous companies and there are harebrained consumers. The former can only exist because of the latter's stupidity. If you were stupid enough to post where you were born and where you lived since, what schools you attended, where you were employed (Facebook, LinkIn)...as well as your like and dislikes (Facebook, YouTube)...on top of that, geographical locations of where you've been hanging out, what you've been eating, where you were shopping (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat)...not to mention all the travel itineraries and amenities you splurged in (Ditto) ...hell, EVEN I WOULD HAVE FIGURED YOU OUT without resorting to the aid of biometrics.

Whatever happened to common sense, which has served us so well in the past?

tomtr27 likes this.
  5. After working years in corporate America, back in the early 2000's I am used to it. I just want to make money form all my data. George Orwell is laughing in his grave because people spend their hard earned money to be monitored. All I can say is WHATEVER!

Akuma