the secret to successful trading.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by cooolweb, May 3, 2011.

1. Whatever you are talking about is junk. I pray no one listens. Again, you are not fighting a war against a specific enemy. The market is an overall conglomeration of thousands of separate players. This is not a one on one fight or a war, and having more cash could increase your chances of hanging in trading longer (trading, not a specific trade), your advice will, in a high percentage of the time, encourage people to lose more of that capital.

Stop pitching this junk advice to people. Its probably among the worst I have seen posted here.

#11     Sep 8, 2011
  2. Could not care less if you understand or not.

In the future you will agree with me, because you might be smart, and I'm right.

#12     Sep 8, 2011
  3. cooolweb,i wanna earn 10K per!how to earn 10K per day?help me cooolweb, please!

#13     Sep 8, 2011
  4. i think coolweb meant, that you have to threat the whole trading business like being in war.
    i agree with that. i can only reccomend "the art of war"by Sun Tzu, there find the basics of strategy for fiding success in the battle and also the surrounding managment stuff to be ready to make the battle in the first line.

Yes, you dont fight against anyone else in trading. The only enemy is in yourself, thats the fucka you have to control.

yout troops and navy ships, tanks, and a-boms, whatever -- that are your strategies, that have made it to the MASTER STATUS, so you can call yourself the ultimative WARRIOR or WARLORD in this WAR.

Everyone has a different approache to trading, important is only one thing, that everyone trades within his/her own personality and let it flow by just following the rules and never think about how you could this or that make better, that would hold your success back.

I like the comparison to war. In war, as well in trading and any other business, its all about perfect strategies. If you like to play strategy games, you could maybe be a good trader.

That it is like war, dont mean it is like to be an soldier, no it is like to be an warlord and you have to control your power and act right to win the battle.

greetings

#14     Sep 8, 2011
  5. My point isn't about you, the trader, in war. You can consider yourself at war or a soldier. Not a problem.

My point is that the enemy (in your and coolweb's analogy, the market, or a stock) doesn't consider yourself your enemy. They don't consider you at all.

They don't know who you are, your position, your anything, thus, coolwebb's foolish analogy and advice makes no sense b/c he is 'battling' something which just is a living organism, unaware he exists, not an organized attack or defense against him.

Never tell people having more money than the other guy makes you more or less likely to 'win' or 'lose' a trade. Its just terrible advice and very destructive to those who may take it to heart.

#15     Sep 8, 2011
  6. greetings,

you ve misunderstood me. the analogy is only in strategy view, how to be prepared for trading, like being prepered to battle.

How i wrote before, the only enemy is in yourself personality, not the markets, the markets are just the battlefield. OK.

i dont know about coolweb, but i think he meant it in the similar way how i do it. So, means, you just need to know how to win the battle, the trade, thats it.

you can find a lot of analogies for trading, war, hunting, money collecting of production line with differnet boxes on it, with different probabilities of how much money is in it (i like that analogy too, hehehe.....)

the other points i agree with you. In these days you can built up your business with very small money.

maybe coolweb meant, the more money you have, the more trades you could make at the same time, and switch between them how you want. i dont know.

So i agree with your points. Analogies are different out there.

greetings :p :p :p

#16     Sep 9, 2011
  7. thread wasn't about war ,was just an intro post.

in any case, <b>all theories of war can be applied to trading. </b>
    I've actually read hatetherisk's suggestion of art of war book.
    works very well in trading.

in fact most of my trading theories was adapted from my boxing training.

boxing = singular person managing defense and offense.
    war = general commanding single people
    trading = general commanding $

#17     Sep 9, 2011
  8. sqslotter just seens things superficially. Let me school you kid. B ring out your binder and pen.

WAR theories

WEATHER, The weather is the market, one must use the weather to its advantage,,

the rain in spring is equivalent to a temporary drop in the markets, now a rainy season is equivalent to a bear market. One should know if its a temporary drop or a change of market.

Confusion = volatility =smoke screen effect. To attack an enemy, one must wait for confusion or rain, more confusion = less prepared army. less prepared army + larger force ( capital) = complete dominance.

#18     Sep 9, 2011
  9. This analogy is fine except you CANNOT have enough capital to dominate the market.

So agreed, wait for the confusion and pounce, but don't ever expect to dominate the market b/c of the size of your weapons or gunpowder. The market is a bigger organism.

#19     Sep 9, 2011
  10. hey coolweb,

i like your views, very cool. think different than others is always good. (so long you be friendly):)

i could also write it in my threat in education of Sun Tzu Art of war.
    but i write it now here for you.

a few sentences i like very much from the art of war writtings.

(sorry for english, i translated it with a software,too lazy for someting else, OK, thanks)
    ---------------
    Examples of Sun Tzu "art of war".

1. the old wise called some intelligent fighter that do not only triumph but thereby are characterised more dasser with ease triumph.

2. Winning its battles by it no errors makes. errors to make is not the basis for the certainty of the victory it means an enemy to defeat that is already struck.

3. Thus the prudent fighter brings itself into a position, those the defeat makes impossible and he missed not the correct instant to strike the enemy.

And much more.

Best regards :p :p :p

#20     Sep 9, 2011