The Secret to Success

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by trader28, Oct 3, 2006.

1. ah, yes..........focus on the
    "non-event horizon":D

#41     Oct 6, 2006
  2. No wonder our schools are in such disarray. We continue to teach lowering your standards as a good thing. With that kind of thinking mediocrity will be a tough standard to reach.

#42     Oct 6, 2006
  3. bjg

bjg

#43     Oct 6, 2006
  4. toc

toc

Thanks bjg, excellent link............no wonder why ET is such a great place to hang out at!

Regarding someone mentioning lower your standards........that is self betrayl and self denial.....better have higher standards and whatever is achieved later on, be content with it.

#44     Oct 6, 2006
  5. Wallace Wattles, Florence Scovill Schinn and Norman Vincent Peale were all teaching similar concepts at the same period in time. The latter two based their teachings on God; Wattles did not.

Bottom line? All three explored similar belief systems followed in Asia for millenium and also North America by many different peoples. The concept of a higher power, great spirit aka Universal Law, a higher power within oneself referred to as our spirit or soul.

If you think about it, we define life within us as electrical energy. When the central nervous system ceases sending electrical current, signs of life likewise cease to exist.

Our very thoughts and expressions are no less radiowave based than cell phone or satellite transmissions. Is it possible for telepathy to exist? Did anyone at the turn of 20th century believe radio or t.v. was possible, let alone the internet? That is precisely when all three famous authors were teaching this stuff.

One thing I know for sure: thoughts precede actions. If you think you can or cannot, you will or will not do accordingly.

Be very careful how you speak to and about yourself... your own subconscious mind is listening :cool:

#45     Oct 6, 2006
  6. SLW

SLW

It is on Amazon:

The Wisdom of Florence Scovel Shinn -
    ISBN: 0671682288

It's in my cart now.

#46     Oct 8, 2006
  7. I will keep that in my mind....

#47     Oct 26, 2006