The Secret to Success

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by trader28, Oct 3, 2006.

1. All I can say is "think and grow rich" by Napolean Hill changed my life more than 30 years ago, and I owe any and all of my current success to it.

#31     Oct 3, 2006
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

I read so many books so each of them bring certain thing to the table but Napolean Hill is certainly on top of the list.

#32     Oct 3, 2006
  3. buzz

buzz

I agree Napolean Hill is great book.

Another great little book called." Three Margic Words" writen by U.S.Andersen in 1954 is in my top 10.

#33     Oct 3, 2006
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

letmeguess, 'yes, I can' :p

#34     Oct 3, 2006
  5. Yeah give it up, what were the 3 words?

#35     Oct 4, 2006
  6. I am God.

#36     Oct 5, 2006
  7. toc

toc

Secrets to Success are

Thinking Positive
    Believing in oneself
    Really wanting to achieve what you desire
    Developing passion/liking towards your goals ....ever heard the phrase 'work is not work anymore, it's all fun to be working'.

#37     Oct 5, 2006
  8. The secret to personal success is easy....lower your standards. How one measures success against the norm is an entirely different subject. First you must determine how you will weigh one aspect of your life against another. Then you must weigh your weighted aspects against those others that you consider your peers. Then you must weigh the weight of the value you subscribe to the opinion of your peers. This will then give you an idea of how successful you are in your tiny little bullshit circle of friends and aquantinces. Measure that against the larger population and its concept of success. More than likely you'll end up comparing yourself to those with less, than those with more, because you're fragile little ego won't allow you to accept a greater truth.
    That truth being, in the eyes of the creator, we are all equal and this creator doesn't give a rats ass about you're shitty little measuring device. Your reaction to what you've just read proves my point, doesn't it? Think on this!

#38     Oct 5, 2006
  9. Heh heh... lower your standards

#39     Oct 5, 2006
  10. I always recommend reading Mark Douglas’s book "Trading in the Zone: Master the Market with Confidence, Discipline and a Winning Attitude." He teaches the importance of thinking in terms of sample sizes, being open to opportunities, and letting go of trying to forecast. I wrote the forward for the book, but I do not receive anything remuneration.

#40     Oct 6, 2006