The secret to attract business. (White,religion,no nightlife, no alcohol or coffee)

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 9, 2010.

1. drcha

drcha

I believe they agree to patronize each other.

When doing business with someone, for many of us it is based on the person or the business and their reputation and communications with us, not on their race, religion, etc. But not everyone does business this way.

White, religion, no nightlife, no alcohol or coffee--these people sound boring to me!

#11     Nov 9, 2010
  2. London, Hong Kong, New York, Singapore are all ethnically diverse cities, yet very rich. Belarus, Turkmenistan, and North Korea are all very ethnically homogenous, yet very poor.

#12     Nov 11, 2010
  3. Diversity is an old notion created by east coast, left-wing newspaper editors. They themselves don't live in "diverse" neighborhoods.

#13     Nov 11, 2010
  4. I've wondered what would happen if psychologists/scientists studied the most healthy way of living within groups.

My guess would be 30 or so close-knit members, consisting of 4 or 5 like-minded family groups. Something like this was probably the case at the dawn of civilization.

If you're honest, diversity is quite jarring to the psyche. People who say they love it, often don't have deep friendships in other races/groups.

I've got 2 kids that keep me at home. I look out over the city at night and see the blue glow of TV screens in every apartment.

Diversity is an antiquated failure.

#14     Nov 11, 2010
  5. The ill effects of diversity have actually been studied extensively.

For example:

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/

The interesting thing is many of the researchers are themselves "pro-diversity" and "want to make it work" so they are dismayed by the results of their own studies.

"Diversity is an old notion created by east coast, left-wing newspaper editors. They themselves don't live in "diverse" neighborhoods."

I would not assess the blame with newspaper editors, however I believe your notion that those who scream loudest about the "Benefits" of diversity are usually living in bubbles of wealth or some other type of privilege (such as college professors) is accurate.

Diversity (racial, ethnic, religious) outside of cuisine is in fact a curse that we have to deal with as best (peacefully) as we can. Hoping for more of it, or thinking it is some great blessing for our nation, is simply delusional.

#15     Nov 11, 2010
  6. I suppose diversity would work well if we had a central goal but what is our common goal in the US to rally around? We have none.

Are we suppose to rally around a Hispanic Judge, an African American President?

We used to rally around the space program or some great project but today, zip, nada, nothing.

#16     Nov 11, 2010
  7. Mav88

Mav88

Diversity is one of the idealogical pillars of the left. It was invented as the great equalizer to make the people of the underperforming cultures feel better and give political support to the left politicians.

There is another purpose as well, it suits all those academic leftist folks who hate traditional white western culture and values. It would be stupid to say that white western culture has failed, so by pretending all cultures are equal it attempts to bring down the more successful cultures. Imagine someone who hates white america so much that they will ally themselves with islam which is one of the worst belief systems on the planet.

Afrocentrists, who are themselves rather bigoted, would rather make some exagerrated claims about the contribution of all cultures rather than admit the failings of blacks.

China and Japan are monocultural and they do just fine. An education study in Finland concluded that monoculturism was the reason for their success in schools. America has been mostly a northern European culture in the past, now we get to be like Brazil- Yippee.

The evidence against diversity is so obvious and clear, yet the truth is simply too painful to the haters.

#17     Nov 11, 2010
  8. Very well said Mav

#18     Nov 11, 2010
  9. mahadiga

mahadiga

Does it mean India with 17,000 cultures is destined to fail?
    http://www.zeenews.com/news629381.html

#19     Nov 12, 2010
  10. London, Hong Kong, New York, Singapore are all ethnically diverse cities, yet very rich.
    --------------------------

One difference may be people accept the difference of culture. A black rapper isn't going to move into Chinatown and force rap culture on the Chinese. Take it or leave it.

Where as, the gov't workplace social diversity experiments have cultures competing against each other creating unresolvable conflict.

#20     Nov 12, 2010