The secret of daytrading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TTT, Jul 25, 2018.

1. treeman

treeman

Really? Because yes, it’s prudent to just randomly place bets. There is a grand total of 0 people on earth who believe that.

#81     Jul 27, 2018
  2. schweiz

schweiz

Given the average IQ on ET, nothing is impossible. On ET you read the craziest "trading strategies".
    I read on ET already about "traders" who believe in random trading. Read the postings of TTT.

#82     Jul 27, 2018
  3. ironchef

ironchef

The other "random" trades are as follows: Enter a bracket order (an order with a stop loss and profit exit) at open, or 10 min after open everyday or x times a day.... You cannot backtest this because most historical data do not have such details but you can forward test this and find the "optimum bracket" for each equity.

I tried a few option trades doing this using SPY call options, results were not encouraging.

#83     Jul 27, 2018
  4. That’s actually another best kept secret. Most microtrading methods that work can only be forward tested.

#84     Jul 27, 2018
    TraderEX likes this.
  5. treeman

treeman

You can’t backtest random entries with discretionary exits.

#85     Jul 27, 2018
  6. ironchef

ironchef

It also shows that market markers are a little smarter than monkeys. :finger:

#86     Jul 27, 2018
    digitalnomad likes this.
  7. Here is some serious microtesting:

I don’t run this stuff, as it’s way overpriced for my purposes, but it’s quite fascinating.

#87     Jul 27, 2018
  8. yes. day trade your time for money. work hard at a job or business and invest $1000 in the S&P500 every month, in 21 years you will have $1m. thank me later.

#88     Jul 27, 2018
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Getting a real Cyrstal ball LOL ( NOT REALLY, no such thing obvs )

#89     Jul 27, 2018
  10. Turveyd

Turveyd

I can do it, I can make huge profits in 2 weeks, then I slip back to being BE trader, so it's possible to do ofcourse, just got to keep plugging on and stay in the zone longer and get out of the anti zone quicker.

Month off, busy and changing accounts hassle hassle and too damn hot, might aswell sit the summer doldrums out :)

#90     Jul 27, 2018