The secret of daytrading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TTT, Jul 25, 2018.

1. I assume you didn't understand the question. hahaha

#51     Jul 26, 2018
  2. zdreg

zdreg

"
    You know the difference between some who trades daily vs traditional day trading?"

what is the difference?

#52     Jul 26, 2018
  3. Google it ...
    The rules adopt the term "pattern day trader," which includes any margin customer that day trades (buys then sells or sells short then buys the same security on the same day) four or more times in five business days, provided the number of daytrades are more than six percent of the customer's total trading activity. Most flatten trades end of day.
    FYI Not all daily traders follow pattern day trader rules ...

#53     Jul 26, 2018
  4. zdreg

zdreg

ok, but your post is opaque.

"
    FYI Not all daily traders follow pattern day trader rules ...

"

what is your point?
    some people have enough capital not to be concerned about pattern day trader rules

#54     Jul 26, 2018
  5. What's your point? Many don't know the difference...

#55     Jul 26, 2018
  6. schweiz

schweiz

For most on ET that is the best solution as they will never be able to be profitable as a daytrader. And better for their ego that is hurt severly. Nobody wants the stamp "failed" on his head. So better for their ego to deny that daytrading can be profitable, and that in fact you are not a loser because of that denial.
    Only the happy few can be profitable as daytrader.

#56     Jul 26, 2018
  7. Seriously though, if you ran a forward test using the coin with even bet sizing, and just put a stop loss at high/low of first hour and set exit on close, I wouldn't be surprised if it outperformed 99.99% of intraday traders.

#57     Jul 26, 2018
    positive etc likes this.
  8. Know where your price is compared to S/R. Know where the progams are heavy. You can even trade the noise if you know what your bias is.

/es

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    #58     Jul 27, 2018
  9. TTT

TTT

Digitalnomad I do not know if you're kidding or are you a genius Really letting go the first hour can be very consistent?

#59     Jul 27, 2018
  10. TTT

TTT

Do you believe that the key is there?

#60     Jul 27, 2018