The secret of daytrading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TTT, Jul 25, 2018.

1. The secret is trade paper money until you are consistent making alot of money trading paper.

#111     Jul 30, 2018
  2. bone

bone

I would be concentrating on the top ranked correlations to your trading product of choice - both positive and negative. That would be a hellavu lot more productive than volume that’s for sure.

I can’t recall ever giving a shit about volume when I scalped Treasury Bonds in the pit - but I sure as hell was looking at the Cantor Fitzgerald OTR cash market screen, and the Yen, the Dollar Index, the S&P 500, Gold, and Crude Oil up on the big boards.

Volume is a red herring. It’s not going to help you in the here and now. But if the third month Eurodollar is following the Yen tic for tic - that’s helpful in the here and now. If CL and 6E are Trading tic for tic... That’s tangible. That’s tradeable.

You need to find out FOR YOURSELF what is driving the order flows in your market of choice.

#112     Jul 30, 2018
  3. padutrader

padutrader

all pros do not look at it: the only one known and infamous exception being Tom Williams

#113     Jul 30, 2018
  4. padutrader

padutrader

trade at night

#114     Jul 31, 2018
    CSEtrader, comagnum and _eug_ like this.
  5. schweiz

schweiz

If they do all that:
    • they will have no time to trade anymore
    • they will spent all their profits in buying books and subscriptions
    • their brain will not be able to handle all this "information" anymore

#115     Jul 31, 2018
  6. LewisJas

LewisJas

Do you still think that there is any secret which can make you successful in trading if you came to know about that??

#116     Aug 2, 2018
  7. Yes...Losing and losing for as long time!

#117     Aug 2, 2018
    comagnum likes this.
  8. Byrne.d46

Byrne.d46

perfect! losing and losing for a long time is the real secret of becoming a successful trader.

#118     Aug 3, 2018
  9. greg500

greg500

Noooo... Why did you give it away... I'm done, have to reverse to Tails long / Heads Short.

#119     Aug 3, 2018
  10. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

This is more than to be smart, to have PHD etc - this is to be awakened to be enlightened. Very sad that we lose on ET two very good daytraders Xeal and Handle123.

#120     Aug 3, 2018
    Starspa likes this.