The Second Great Depression is Here

Discussion in 'Economics' started by WallstYouth, Apr 28, 2007.

1. The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

#11     Apr 29, 2007
  2. Raptor?

"I should have listened to Homer!!!"

#12     Apr 29, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

Homer of "Odyssey" fame, or Homer Simpson? (D'oh!)

#13     Apr 29, 2007
  4. I actually considered most of this article as garbage. And the 2 books you read are just the opinions of those 2 people. You cannot scrape a couple opinions off one end of the spectrum and say this is truth.

I noted the "other" insightful articles include Ravi Batra. He will keep writing newly titled books predicting the coming fall of the USA until it happens.

We have market cycles. We will future declines as we have had in the past. But little in this post was all that interesting. We have benefits and drawbacks. But the rises and falls are rarely timed or foreseen. Did anyone predict the internet boom 5 years before it happened?

#14     Apr 29, 2007
  5. Lets see, just off the top of my head I remember reading how killer bees were going to invade America, the Japanese were set to buy the US (yikes, that didn't work out very well for them), SARS was going to be the end of civilized world (was that just last year) and about 20-years worth of stories about America's decline.

#15     Apr 29, 2007
  6. And there is the imminent dollar collapse to worry about, as usual, for the last 20-years. But it just...... never seems to collapse.

#16     Apr 29, 2007
  7. Making predictions like that is nothing more than cocktail party chatter, and it sure as hell won't make you any money. Look how many threads there are on this board predicting/forecasting/guessing that a top is in for stocks. Nobody has made any money on that one.

#17     Apr 29, 2007
  8. Joab is right to say, "trade what you see and not what you think" although I see a lot of bear posting on the stock market from him which suggests that he is trading what he thinks and not what he sees.

#18     Apr 29, 2007
  9. Haven't U.S. equities been in a secular bear market since 2000?

#19     Apr 29, 2007
  10. most people are too bearish since the naz is still down 50% from March 2000, those scars are wide and deep......

and the CNBC on-air pimps always tout "a new all time high in the Dow"

but they never give the Dow divisor correction analysis or back out inflation (the real kind) or back out stock buyback effects......

that's too difficult to jam between the commercials

or do they mention the best performing assest for the last 6 years is.....dare I say it.......gold.......

but what the hell...party on.....

#20     Apr 29, 2007