The SEC is getting a bigger piece again.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Speedracer, Apr 2, 2002.

1. As well as giving the "big players" :) with 25K 4x margin. It is just great all around.

#11     Apr 3, 2002
  2. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

well.......that part really is good.
    :p

#12     Apr 3, 2002
  3. MG & Thug,
    Ahhh yes....., I now see the error of my protests. How right you gentlemen are! How foolish of me, (a mere pedestrian) to think that an SEC rule could be anything but shear genius and of course beneficial to me.In retrospect I am glad that the SEC fee has been raised back. I mean when I think about it, there I was trading like a fool after they reduced the SEC and they where helpless to protect me from myself because they were not receiving enough revenue from all of us foolish active traders.

But seriously, both of your points are well taken. Why not send small traders (lower acct balances) to the futures markets to play with the big boys so that they can get their asses waxed and sent home penniless? Makes perfect sense to me. And of course, no one with less than that magical 25K could ever be successful trading, why.... money=brains... remember. No, no far better to give those with enough money to be dangerous all the leverage, I mean than when they blow-up fewer people get hurt,... right?

Yes of course that's right!

Now shut-up, get back to trading, and send in that money!!!

We have a lot of other things to spend your money on..... most of them designed to protect you from yourself. :p

#13     Apr 3, 2002
  4. cool handle macdaddy.

what is the pattern daytrading rule? I'll go to the site and look for it if you insist.

I remember thinking how cool it was when I heard that the sec rates were gonna go down. Finally, I thought. A little 'tax' relief.

Guess it was just window dressing. I heard that they were going to lower the fees. Seems like they just quietly raised them...

Isn't that like those systems vendors who only tell you about the winning trades?

#14     Jun 14, 2002
  5. better late than never...

#15     Jun 14, 2002
  6. #16     Jun 15, 2002
  7. Thanks Gordon.

your tax dollars at work. Big Mother with her 'smother love.'

#17     Jun 15, 2002