The Science of Technical Analysis

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by TraderSystem, Oct 6, 2007.

1. there is no difference between stat arb and pairs trading---same thing different names. it may still work in some third tier asian economies (shhh) but its pretty wornout in the major markets.

surf

#111     Nov 8, 2008
  2. ammo

ammo

i tried driving my car with my eyes closed and couldnt find the road,lesson learned, much easier to drive with eyes open, Trading without charts is like driving blind,it doesnt need a scientific explanation

#112     Nov 9, 2008

3. trading with charts only is like driving by looking in the rear view mirror

#113     Nov 9, 2008
  4. Over short periods of time, fundamentals are essentially constant and can be ignored. So if you trade on timeframes of less than a month the company is highly unlikely to change in profound ways during that time.

#114     Nov 9, 2008
  5. And trading using old tired TA and fundimentals only is like driving on the Autobahn with horse blinders on.

#115     Nov 9, 2008
  6. ammo

ammo

when the spu's start selling off from 1000 and your short,you need a target for a bounce , a reversal, or a test,unless your clairvoyant,you wont know what those are without a chart,t and when you chart 2 or 3 corresponding instuments that move together and you know their supp and res you have an advantage,if you know of a way to find that info without charts,please teach me

#116     Nov 9, 2008
  7. Thanks to you all for the replies. :)

An interesting post, athlonmank8, thanks! :)

#117     Dec 2, 2008

8. You will probably want to think this one through again .......this time more carefully

regards
    f9

#118     Dec 2, 2008
  9. Gee thanks, fearless9, I did think it over. But, please explain the same so that we can understand it better. Thanks, :)

#119     Dec 8, 2008